Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Migration from adsl2+ back to adsl max supplier  (Read 2195 times)

weezer

Migration from adsl2+ back to adsl max supplier
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »

Currently enduring a new adsl2+ package from an entanet reseller but stuck at less than 2000 kbps on a 4000 kbps profile, much like many other people on adsl2+.
Just about had enough so if I migrated to an ISP who only provide adsl max would it just be a case of getting a mac as usual? Not getting much help elsewhere.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Migration from adsl2+ back to adsl max supplier
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »

>> so if I migrated to an ISP who only provide adsl max would it just be a case of getting a mac as usual

Yes :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

weezer

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »

Thanks Kitz. Most annoying thing is after months of being stuck at downstream margn 15dB, the upgrade to adsl2+ initiated a retrain on my line and it now works as it should re auto margin drops and profiles. Just that now lots of people seem to be capped at 2 mgb on adsl2+. Got faster than that with Eclipse!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »

Unfortunately some of their nodes do seem to have problems with speeds more than others. 

Good news about the retrain though :)

A straight forward migration doesnt usually involve a retrain..  and any line data such as the MSR, FTR and other line profiles stay the same.

However a full retrain does occur if going from adsl1 to adsl2+
Expect your line to go through another retrain when moving to an adsl1 ISP from adsl2+
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything