Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT mis-selling their own Vision product  (Read 3111 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
BT mis-selling their own Vision product
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »

Hello everybody,

This is now the second case in Ewhurst I've heard about where BT attempt to sell their BT Vision on lines that are not fit for purpose. On this occasion their salesman said things would improve in Q1 2010 - our 21CN RFS date on a line of over 4km - a fat chance of that making any real difference at all !

Kind regards,
Walter

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: BT mis-selling their own Vision product
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »

Thats interesting Walter because when I first signed up to BT BB in 2007 I was told that I could get BT vision.As you have seen with my linestats that is a no goer.
When I enquired after I had signed up I was then told no as you need a minimum 2mb connection.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:40:29 AM »

The telesales people that they use to sell this product dont hae a clue how adsl works and Im pretty sure they random dial to try and get sales.

Their job is to get someone to sign-up and they dont see stuff like line stats when they start the call and wont have a clue what the line is capable of.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »

@Kitz

Might I suggest that as "Proud guardians of the Nation's local access network' this type of selling is quite disgraceful.
They are selling a product which requires a modicum of technical understanding and could possibly be classed as fraudulent perhaps under the Sale of Good Act ?
It also frustrates and angers those who are only too well aware of long line difficulties.

Kind regards,
Walter

anything