Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

TV deals? Need new tv

(1/18) > >>

kitz:
Anyone know of any good deals on TVs going atm?

The tele in my bedroom has been on the blink for several weeks, but now seems to have given up the ghost and become totally un-watchable.
Either 17 or 19" would be ok but I think if Im getting new I may as well go for a the 19" as long as the surrounding border frame thingy isnt too big.

Not quite sure yet what I want till I see it kinda thing.

All the usual stuff needed eg scart
In built freeview -  although I have a  freeview box, it would be good to get it out of the way.
inbuilt dvd would be good but isnt essential

Anyone have any suggestions please?

roseway:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152168

or have a look in Tescos perhaps?

tonyappuk:
We've just bought a new LCD TV for the kitchen. It's a 16" wide screen Alba with integrated digital TV and it cost £99 from Argos. It has all the usual inputs but no DVD player but it is very cheap. So far it seems fine although I have had to build a shelf over it to house all the things we used to keep on the other old CRT TV!.
Tony

oldfogy:
I think Aldi had some a couple of weeks ago, but can't see them in any of the stored emails.
Might be worth having a look in the shop, just on the off-chance they have some left.
If I remember correctly about £250

kitz:
Thanks for the input so far guys.
ebuyer look to have some reasonably priced ones.

I do recall an aldi one, but iirc it was a large one more suitable for the lounge than the space I have available in my bedroom... and a bit more than what I wanted to pay.

This one seems good value, has anyone bought any of their "Extra Value"s before, I normally have branded names TVs but not necessarily the high-end ones.
Extra Value 19" HD Ready LCD TV/DVD Combi Freeview 1440x900 800:1 1xHDMI Grade A

The thing thats putting me off is this

Grade A Goods are "Factory Reconditioned" to the Manufacturers original specification. All goods supplied are 30 day high street store (30 days) returned products. With grade A stock there is always a chance that there may be a minor cosmetic mark, Considering the price however these are considered to be very minor and will not affect performance of the product.

Has anyone heard of Foehn & Hirsch before?  It looks quite smart.
Foehn & Hirsch 19" HD Ready Widescreen LCD TV Freeview 300cd/m2 1000:1 8ms HDMI/VGA/Scart Glossy Black 3 Years Warranty

The tele in the bedroom probably gets far more use than the one in the lounge since I tend to fall asleep with it on.. or leave it on when Im getting ready or pottering around upstairs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version