Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Post Office Home Phone Price Increases  (Read 6336 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Post Office Home Phone Price Increases
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?catId=68600711&mediaId=85800742

All the phone companies now seem to have introduced the 8p call connection charge,what a rip off. >:(

We always like to hear what our customers have to say and based on your feedback

Yeah right.  >:(

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Post Office Home Phone Price Increases
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 11:56:28 AM »

Smacks a little of collusion ..... cartel anybody?   Ofcom seem happy to keep having a go at the mobile operators, but seem toothless when it comes to the fixed line people.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:00:57 PM by camallison »

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »

I'm completely out of touch with UK telephone charges ... but looking at that link it seems rather  expensive.     I've never heard of the  PO Home Phone  ..... has this nothing to do with BT   .....?  Do they charge 8p for EVERY call PLUS the 4.5 p per minute   ...... :o   and that's for UK calls   :o :o

Here I have an all in monthly fee of 39 Euros with France Telecom for line rental plus all calls, local, national and international to anywhere in Europe, Canada and the USA 24/24  7/7  ....   I use the 'phone a great deal especially  international numbers.     Goodness knows what our 'phone bill would be based on the above  :o :no:

I would  think OFCOM are "encouraged" by the EU on mobile charges Colin .....  the EU have recently passed legislation to reduce Europe wide mobile costs ... but they have no clout with member states' telephone companies.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 12:18:15 PM »

Do they charge 8p for EVERY call PLUS the 4.5 p per minute

Yes I'm afraid so ,so a 2minute daytime call is ................17p   >:(

The Post Office have their fingers in a lot of pies now,including home phone and broadband.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »

I have an all in monthly fee
You can get those in the UK as well, lots of choice of what to include in your package.
I pay BT about £20 a month (complicated by extras and deals) for all-you-can-eat landline calls in the UK. International and mobile calls are extra but get various discounts, though I don't make many of either.