Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Now It's My Turn To Have Problems.  (Read 2561 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Now It's My Turn To Have Problems.
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:03:32 PM »

It seems to be my turn to have some problems, It started on Saturday 12/5/07 about 19.15 hrs., lost DSL intermittently then it just got no better at about 21.30 lost DSL altogether.   >:D
Sunday DSL did not come back until 15.15 hrs.  :)
I sent a report to my ISP for there info and I noticed that they have some problems in the last few days and still monitoring it.
Just typing this out and our phone starts ringing all the time   >:D  ( note.. its poring down out side ) DSL still ok, we can still use the phone with crackling noises on it .
I'm now thinking the rains got in a junction box.  ?.

Is it best to tell BT ( yuck Indian call centre !!! ) or fill in a 'on line' BT fault report or tell my ISP.

Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
Re: Now It's My Turn To Have Problems.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:32:17 PM »

Up date .
Just done a BT speed test and I'm only downloading at 1010Kbps that's a lot slower than normal.
DSL = 5632 @ 4dB (with DSL Tool ) about normal for my long line.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:59 PM »

I'd report it as a phone fault on 150 saying phone ringing all the time and is possibly related to wet weather.  Also worth mentioning that you have performed a quiet line test and have crackling on the phone...  this type of call gets priority over adsl faults.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »

Update.
Reported the fault on line .
Just done another BT speed test and its gone down to 750 Kbps now . :no: