Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Frustration!!  (Read 4065 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Frustration!!
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »

May I use this forum to vent my frustration with technical support people.?? >:(

My isp is f2s and I have been very satisfied for several years now, but sometimes the support people do not read what I have carefully typed.

I have several email addresses two of which are infested by spam and I no longer use them. (I could shut them down I know but I have reason not to just yet.)

So every day or so I log onto webmail to remove the spam, normally I have the option to 'Select All' then delete or blacklist them, usually fast a free from fuss. Then a fault developed, after 'Selecting All' when I then opted to delete them the 'ticked' boxes became unticked, and a message telling me I have to select at least one!! ???

so I went to the Technical support area where I must Ask a Question, still with me folks, not asleep yet?? :-[ Carefully filling in all the fault details then my personal details including email address and am alternative email address, only to be told, "That doesn't appear to be a valid email address!"  Try four different email addresses with the same result, so give up there.

I then email both faults to the sales department with explanation why I am using their address, they pass it onto the Support team, so far so good.

Get message from Support team to say,'Mailbox was shut down years ago' (Who mentioned mailbox?? :no:) To report a query use the Ask a Question facility in technical Support!! :( :no: ??? ???

I've just replied to their reply and await the next chapter, sorry if I bored anyone but it's good therapy to get things off ones chest.

Peter

stevie

• Reg Member
Re: Frustration!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »

Isn`t F2S part of Tiscali?

Could explain the misunderstanding.  :lol: :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:27:24 AM »

You can indeed :)

>> but sometimes the support people do not read what I have carefully typed

Unfortunately its not just F2S and seems fairly common with several ISPs in the industry. :(
Hope you do get someone to look at the problem properly and get it sorted.

>> Isn`t F2S part of Tiscali?

Yep  F2S -> Pipex -> Tiscali merger. :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, had to take wife to hospital for an examination.

I am looking at a few options to maybe change my ISP, at the moment f2s is not too dear at £14.99 a month, with 500 minutes of free telephone.
I looked at the forum pages re ISPs and Zen looks impressive, Utility Warehouse has a deal £20.00 per month free global calls, free confection, line rental included, as I have my electricity with them they may be the one to go for, being a pensioner I need to watch my pennies.

Any tips or other suggestions are welcome.

Peter

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »

Not sure if you`ve spotted this post in ISPs re: TalkTalk`s offer to Tiscali customers, you`d be described as a Tiscali customer IMO.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=4780.0

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:01:44 PM »

Stevie, thanks mate but I think I'll steer clear of talktalk.

Peter

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »

well well well!  f2s have found the problem, it was because I used Google Chrome :'(

Another lesson learned the hard way, although I still like the way GC displays the most recent sites visited | shall revert to Firefox or IE for my browser, never tried Opera so that may be worth a try.

thanks for hearing me folks.

Peter :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »

Glad you sorted out what it was - thanks for advising us, it may well be helpful info for others. :)

BTW

Utilities Warehouse uses a combination of TalkTalk and Mistral adsl.  There was talk at one point they also used Tiscali, but Im not certain on that one.. and it all depends which exchange youre connected via.

I had several requests all off different people to add UtilitiesWarehouse to the isp ratings.. but there was a delay whilst I coded a separate module due to U/W using different ISPs and it also took me a while to get hold of at least some of their IP ranges.

Then by the time I did put something together.. All of them advised me that they had moved on to other ISPs (Zen or IDnet) and bar one they couldnt rate them anymore!  The terms 'dumped' and ok for gas + electricty but not adsl seemed to be common :/

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 12:26:42 AM »

I'm with UW for utilities but Be for BB.
UW keep trying to sell me BB but I can't see who provides it.
We do have TT on our exchnge, if that's who they use, but what "management" applies?
Anyone know?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 01:26:11 AM »

Those whom have contacted have all been on TalkTalk or Mistral.  Those whom have been with Mistral certainly seem to report speeds of 500 kb or less during peak hours.
From what I can gather about the TT it seems similar to normal TT services.  I'm not sure who's providing their <24Mb service since everyone was just on their 8Mb.

I wont disclose details because its not fair, but one of the guys and I passed several email and the gist of it was that UW have little control over whats going on and werent able to help much the regular poor speeds as they are at the mercy of the provider. Put it this way if a UW distributor switches back to a real ISP then that may give some sort of indication of their service.

Since you dont seem to hear that many complaints about poor speeds from Mistral itself, yet you do from those on the Mistral UW...One thing that Im not too sure about, but have wondered, is if they have their own pipe/segment.  Some of them at least (but not all) do appear to be allocated a specific RIPE IP allocation.

It does seem to make the whole situation rather confusing thats for sure. ???

-----

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »

Thanks everyone for all the info there, since the problem seems to have caused by Google Chrome I think I shall stick with f2s for a while at least.

My youngest son has just signed up with Utility Warehouse for his broadband so I'd better refer him to these pages.

Peter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »

>> My youngest son has just signed up with Utility Warehouse for his broadband

Hopefully he is in a TT LLU connection then, which do seem to fair a bit better than the Mistral ones. :fingers:
-----

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »

If you do have any issues Peter or would like more information about Zen, do drop me a mail and I will always fdo my best to help. The best advise anyone can give is look at what is on offer and make a choice that suits you.

Leo
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »

:)Thank you Azzaka, I will if I decide to go that way, I'll not rudh into a change just yet though.

An odd thing though, since my rant with f2s the spam has gone down an amazing amount!

Peter

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »

Hi Peter,

I suggest it is wise to think carefully before acting. Part of that process is to consider if you wish to contemplate the reasons for the difficulties, or whether you'd rather select a new ISP so you can concentrate on those aspects of the www which are actually of use or interest to your operation.

Kind regards,
Walter

anything