Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thunderbird Printing  (Read 5047 times)

jazz

• Reg Member
Thunderbird Printing
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:18:09 AM »

I am on XP and use Thunderbird for my email.  I occasionally print a hard copy of an email (I use a Dell printer which is basically a Lexmark) and suddenly this week it has taken to printing mails in a very small print.  I don't know what I did and have not been able to find a way of making it print in a a sensible sized font.

I know it's a stupid thing but can anyone offer advice?  ???

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Thunderbird Printing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »

I dont use Thunderbird, but I assume there is a similar setting in Thunderbird as to what there is in Outlook Express.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q276435

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »

I used to use Thunderbird, and I remember under View there is an option to increase text size  ...   this may help ....hope so  :)

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:55:27 AM »

Thanks for your help and suggestions - but I'm afraid I'm still in the same situation. 

I know how to increase and decrease the font size on Thunderbird [<View> then <Text Size> then <Increase> or Decrease> provides five different text sizes in total] but, although text size is fine when on screen, it comes out in very small print when hard copy is taken.  If I try to print a web page though the text size in print comes out at the same size as on screen.

I'll keep thinking and trying!! ???

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »

I now think that this problem is occurring just with one or two people who email me - in other words THEY have set the font size in the print.  My Thunderbird is set to display the message on screen in the print size that I like (and can read easily) but there is a separate setting which would affect the printing of the email - in <Tools> <Options> <Display> there is a checkbox intended to force the incoming message to conform to your layout if you wish.  I have chosen not to check this box as I preferred that messages were received as the sender intended.   :)

anything