Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Firefox Question ?  (Read 3070 times)

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
Firefox Question ?
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »

Hello,

I've recently switched to using Firefox 3.0.8 as my default browser, and have a question. When I shut down my system, Firefox asks if it should 'Save & Quit' which I always select. When I next start my system and when I start Firefox, it only seems to restore the pages that I had open sometimes. I normally have 'www.kitz.co.uk', 'www.yahoo.com' and maybe another one or two open when I shutdown, but they don't always open again when I start up. I find that after a few minutes, that if I close down Firefox again and then restart it all seems to be OK. Do I need to amend any settings or something.

Thanks in anticipation

toulouse
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Firefox Question ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »

Hi Toulouse,

When you close FF and have a number of tabs open it should ask you if you want to either Save and Quit (this should restore your previous settings when you restart FF, or Quit.(If you select quit,when you restart FF it will load the site you have set as your homepage.)

Go into  'Tools,

Then 'Options'

Then open 'Main'. You will see 'When Firefox starts'.Select ,'Show my windows and tabs from last time'

Click 'ok'

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:10:15 PM by UncleUB »

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:45:38 PM »

Thanks Uncy,

I thought there would be an option somewhere. I've done what you suggested - Thanks

Mick
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »

I hope it works for you.  :) Let us know.

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »

Hi
There is a known problem with getting Firefox to reopen with previous tabs .I cannot find the link at the moment but will try to find .

It seems to fail when you use the shut down X on the window ,even when you select the save option. There is a work around . Select File /exit  then the save option . That seems to work . That is an alternative to telling FF to always open your last session, as described by UncleUB

Regards Jeff
zen user