Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet Support  (Read 3637 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Plusnet Support
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »

Hi all,

I have been told that Plusnet are now using South African call centres,can anyone confirm this.

As they are under BT's wing,is this the thin edge of the wedge,will they at some stage have the dreaded Indian call centres....?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Plusnet Support
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:54:59 AM »

Don't worry about that unkyUb............you could just pop round and see them.

Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street,
Sheffield, S1 4BY

:D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:39:28 AM »

Don't worry about that unkyUb............you could just pop round and see them.

Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street,
Sheffield, S1 4BY

:D

Why do you think I have a tent.  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »

BT took over Plusnet whose Head Office and support is based in Sheffield.
BT also took over the MadAsAFish Empire whose support has always been in South Africa.

Since the MAAF takeover there has been movement of MAAF customers to the Plusnets backhaul and new MAAF customers are on PN centrals.  Support for MAAF customers is a bit weird as their support tickets queries go to SA, whilst the Plusnet comms team in sheffield deal with the forum type queries. I believe that there are some PN tickets that may be shifted over to the Durban team depending on how busy they are.. and time of day/night due to the time differiential between the 2 countries.  eg at night time SA may pick up some PN tickets.

This topic was raised a couple of years ago re the 2 teams, and from what I can understand the MAAF support has always been considered good by MAAF customers.  I have no 1st hand experience of this, but I am led to believe that because SA is English speaking there isnt the usual problems encountered such as with Indian based support.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:20:11 AM »

They took over Madasafish and other John Lewis brand broadband and inherited a South African call centre (in Durban I think) from them.  They have a geographic helpline number which takes you through to Sheffield and an 0845 number which gives you either Sheffield or Durban.  Their best help though comes from their ticket system (a sort of internal email/personal message system) which, in my experience, returns a response to problems pretty quickly and thoroughly.  They also have a very good Community Forum were members help each other and lobby the company.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »

Thanks for your replies. :)

It sounds like there's nothing to worry about,its just that I would hate to sign up for an 18 month contract only to find a couple of months in if I need support I am speaking to someone from India.