Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Google Chrome  (Read 3409 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Google Chrome
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:14:38 PM »

For several weeks now I have been using Google Chrome as my  browser and quite like the way it displays the most used websites making it easy to open them.

However one site, an ex-forces still under construction is still shown as 'Untitled', I've tried umpteen ways to force it to accept a title but all to no avail.  Otherwise the browsers work a treat, (So Far.)

I wonder if others have used this and what are their opinions please?

Peter

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »

This is possibly due to the the HTML of the page(s) and how they are written.

Websites (pages) written in an editor such as Frontpage or Dreamweaver default the title tag to "Untitled".

It may be nothing to do with the browser and its most likely the site itself.

You could try it in an alternative browser such as IE or Firefox.

As for Chrome, I personally don't like it, it still can't render some pages correctly but if you like it, stick with it - it is your choice which browser you use ;)!
Others on the Forum don't like the browser due to its previous Privacy issues that were in the press, however I believe they have now resolved this.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »

As mentioned by jamie, some of us on here were concerned over privacy issues with google chrome. 
Those reports that Ive seen of people who use it seem to like it... but..  my own personal feeling is all the information that google seems to collect of late and where it stores it.
Google seems to have its fingers in most pies these days.

again Im repeating jid... but Re the 'untitled' that is due to the site still being under construction and down to the fact that who-ever is creating the site, not yet having put that html into the page.  There isnt anything you can do about that regardless of the browser.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »

Just to clarify the 'Untitled', the website displays the name correctly. but but on Chrome it's still 'untitled'.

I've given up worrying about privacy now since privacy appears to be non existent anyway! :(

Thanks for the comments anyway chaps.

Peter :)