Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How can I change Dynamode router to access point  (Read 6077 times)

smoo

How can I change Dynamode router to access point
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »

Any one got any tips or links to how I could change a Dynamode BR6004 router to wifi bridge or wifi expander or access point?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: How can I change Dynamode router to access point
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »

>> to wifi bridge or wifi expander or access point?

What are you trying to do... if its just a simple wireless access point then it should be fairly simple.
Ive used various other wireless routers in the past as wireless access points with another router controlling the adsl connection.

Plug the dynamode into the 'main router'...  then just make sure they are in the same subnet range and make sure that DHCP is turned off on one/both routers. 

Not sure about the procedure to bridge though..  some routers do have an option for this in the interface... but im afraid im not familiar with the dynamode br6004.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

smoo

Re: How can I change Dynamode router to access point
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »

I'm trying to connect to a router across the road (at my sisters).  This used to work until new double glazing was installed. :(  The Dynamode router is a spare, so the plan is to use it to connect wirelessly to the adsl router (a bt hub) as I can move it anywhere around the house and hopefully pick up the signal, not all the windows were replaced.  The PC can then connect to the Dynamode.
I couldn't find much on the Dynamode so hopefully generic instructions will work.

anything