Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about the LEA AMF320P-UK (leacom.fr) microfilter?  (Read 9886 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick

Anyone have any experience of the LEA AMF320P-UK (leacom.fr) microfilter?

Does anyone know if it's on sale over here anywhere? I can supposedly get one direct from the manufacturer's web shop at leacom.fr. (But since the web shop - to my eyes at any rate - seems permanently broken, I'll send them an email..)

b4dger

• Reg Member
    • HmmmUK

Here are some notes from ADSLNation's filter comparison:

"3 Ferrite cores
8 Diodes
5 Capacitors
12 Resistors
4 Transistors

An interesting filter, the only filter other than the XF-1e we have found that has a transistor based design. looking closer at the design it seems to be overly complicated and didn't achive the accurate seperation required. This filter has a 1uF ring capacitor that may cause ringing problems with some phones."

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen

Which hardly qualifies as an impartial opinion, commenting on a competitor's product.

The blurb on the LEA site talks very briefly about aspects of its design that deal with the differing requirements of dealing with the loads presented by the phone on-vs-off-hook cases, and I'd be interested to evaluate one because of this.

orainsear

• Reg Member

I've got a some of the LEA PMF320P-UK microfilters, which I have found to be excellent and perform comparably with my XTE-2005 filtered faceplate which I use for neatness.

Looking at the specifications on LEA's website for the 'P' filter suggests it's very nearly identical to the 'A' but it doesn't have the phone on off hook functionality.

b4dger

• Reg Member
    • HmmmUK

I can supposedly get one direct from the manufacturer's web shop at leacom.fr. (But since the web shop - to my eyes at any rate - seems permanently broken..)

"to my eyes" it reads "under construction" - in a mixed up trendy type of way  :P

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics

Hi,
On the Comet website there is a PMF320P-UK branded "Temium", looking the same as the LEA products.
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/420778/TEMIUM-PMF320P-UK/tab/specification#spec
Comparing the specs for the AMF320P-UK & PMF320P-UK on LEA's website, the differences I noticed was the PMF's shorter lead length, the dates of publication: PMF 2006 vs AMF 2005, and the AMF's off-hook facility.
Don't know if this is helpful or more confusing...
Cheers,
Peter
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:10:16 PM by geep »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

Orange send out filters similar to those...Well they did for the person I set up an Orange connection for.

They seemed ok.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen

Those are very helpful tips.

It was the "off hook" bit the (A-model) I was interested in because I wanted to find out more about the on/off hook techology.

I have a phone that can (depending on cables [!] and on the type of double microfiltering) produce either a few-second long temporary large dip in SNRm when it goes off-hook, and may or may not produce a long-term SNRm deterioration through the whole duration of a call.

I suspect that one of the designers at LEA is the author of the chapter on microfilter design in a recent TOME on DSL design topics. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Jjkd74jY47oC&pg=PR7&lpg=PR7&dq=dsl+design+book&source=bl&ots=FJLMrS0B3t&sig=0kaFRjLqhw3joYO_C7OSNBRZNPw&hl=en&ei=DUENSpKwBYKNjAfyspnDBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7

anything