Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tiscali BB Service Outages  (Read 7450 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Tiscali BB Service Outages
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »

Ive now posted this here

I would like to know why tiscali continually keeps deleting my posts.

1) I have not been rude or disruptive
2) I have not breached any forum rules.
3) I have not hijacked anyone elses thread by adding my own problems to it.
4) All my posts have been technically correct and helpful to tiscali users.
5) I have not slated tiscali or even apportioned any blame to tiscali .

I have written to staff asking that my posts be re-instated because I have not breached any forum rules - which has been blatantly ignored.

... that leads me to wonder just why the mods on here appear to be so afraid of me posting... and why Tiscali would delete replies that only serve to help their users.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »

btw  this is a copy of my last post that they deleted

Thats the BTw holding page and can show when the ISP IPStream Centrals are too full to accept any more new connections.
Theres something called a session limit which BTw polices because the ISP doesnt have enough centrals for all their customers, so BTW refuse to accept any more.

Keep trying and you may fall lucky and get a connection when someone else disconnects.

----
I have not breached any forum rules by making this post - it is factual and trying to help your customers.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »

I`d hazard a guess if you`ve posted anything in..Broadband Service Support section, then this part of the rules likely applies?

Please don't add to another customers thread in this forum area or your post will be deleted without warning. Even if your query appears to be the same as someone else’s, please create your own thread. Continually hijacking of other customers posts may see your Service forum access removed WITHOUT WARNING. You can discuss your issues with other customers in the Discussion forum area.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=112042

I`d guess it`ll be this bit...
Please don't add to another customers thread in this forum area or your post will be deleted without warning.

From what I`ve seen/read, there is a zero tolerance policy in this section, even where someone posts something of help...

Really sad that they either don`t know who you are or simply don`t care...

IMO they don`t want anyone to help anyone out & especially don`t want anyone explaining things to their customers, the customers might just start understanding things, certainly can`t have knowledgeable customers can we? :lol:

I don`t know of any forum that wouldn`t welcome you with open arms, simply for your knowledge & help.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 10:11:35 PM »

I`d guess it`ll be this bit...
Please don't add to another customers thread in this forum area or your post will be deleted without warning.

From what I`ve seen/read, there is a zero tolerance policy in this section, even where someone posts something of help...
Yes I recall falling foul of that. I added some explanatory information to someones thread, it absolutely was not hijacking and was of help to them (IIRC they had misunderstood something) yet it was obliterated.

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »

Hi

Tiscalli must be the only forum where competant help is denied to the customer .
Kitz have you seen the reply to your last post ? (wonder if that one will last?)

Regards Jeff
zen user
Pages: 1 [2]