Broadband Related > ISPs

Tiscali BB Service Outages

(1/4) > >>

Charlie1375:
Hi. I'm a Tiscali Customer who like many others is suffering from Tiscali's random service outages. For example; for the 2nd time since Sunday, last night at about 9:45 - the BB connection ceases and is replaced with the green BT Wholesale Service Page. Tiscali technical support has been about as much use as a 'chocolate fireguard' - recently, when my Tiscali supplied router died, Tiscali tech support asked me if I had another PSU to try incase the original had failed?!!  When I advised them that I hadn't and referred them to the specific voltages of these adaptors, I was told 'the voltage doesn't matter'. Anyway, I digress. Are you any the wiser as to what is happening with tiscali at the moment?

Many thanks.

roseway:
Hi and welcome.

I've got no personal experience of Tiscali (thank heavens) but as you obviously know, they're in all sorts of trouble at the moment. I think that the best advice is to get out if you're not still tied to a long contract, and move to a decent ISP.

There are some other Tiscali users here who will probably have something to say.

waltergmw:
Hi Charlie1375,

You'll see at:-

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/tiscali/3611485-tiscali-outage-in-essex.html?fpart=all&vc=1
that Tiscali are affected by the fibre break under the Thames particularly if you're in the Essex area.

Kind regards,
Walter

kitz:
I notice they issued this release saying that service should have been restored by 3am Thus morning.

--- Quote ---BT have continued repairs throughout the night, and both affected IPStream centrals returned to full service at approx 03:30. All impacted services have now been restored, but remain at risk whilst BT engineering works continue. It will still be some time until a fully normal service is resumed.
--- End quote ---

Charlie1375:
Many thanks for all your replies. It seems that the problems experienced by Tiscali have stretched far and wide and I am just one of many. Your advice to change ISP's as soon as, seems to be the best advice. Instead of spending hard earnt cash dialling Customer Services at Tiscali, I'll email them and see how much contract time I have left with them. Can I say what an excellent site you have here, I'm learning a lot.   

Many thanks again.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version