Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT Billing Confusion.  (Read 9433 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT Billing Confusion.
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 05:02:34 PM »

yw TD :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »

@ Newnet,I have asked many questions over the last week or so via email and their replies have been very prompt and have answered all I asked of them very thoroughly.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 07:45:30 AM »

TD has been thinking about why he misunderstood that the Newnet contracts were annual ( on some packages) and not monthly, and reprised the conversation that he had had with the young lady in that company.

He now understands where the reference to a twelve month period arose..................it is to do with the referral discount.
If you are introduced to Newnet by an existing subscriber, then that subscriber becomes eligible for a months free connection.............but only when the new subscriber has been such for a twelve month period.
This makes sense as it would be all too easy for a subscriber to keep introducing people, enjoying his free month only for the new subscribers to then disappear. Played like that, a subscriber could enjoy an endless line of free months.........but, make the referree stay stay twelve months before the discount kicks in, problem solved.

TD is now the proud possessor of his MAC from VirginMedia, and is off to scratch head a bit more then dive into the wide world of migration.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »

Good luck with the migration TD. It's usually a painless experience if you're moving to a competent ISP. Just don't move to Tiscali. ;D
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 08:17:04 AM »

TD is now the proud possessor of his MAC from VirginMedia, and is off to scratch head a bit more then dive into the wide world of migration.

Ooh,I'm excited and its not me migrating(yet)..........

Wait a minute......Migrating...Duck.............. :D

Good luck with who/what you decide TD.  :thumbs:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »

>> Migrating...Duck

:lol: :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »

Just to update ...........I cancelled my evening and weekend plan contract last month and had a letter to confirm this.I was assured when my June bill was generated there would be no evening and weekend plan charges......guess what.   :angry:
The have billed me £2.95 for the eve/w/end plan because my bill was generated on the 1st June and my contract expires 2nd June.
I now have to wait another month to get this credited back.  :angry:
I tried to get through to these numpties in India that someone assured me (I have the email) to say that when my next bill was generated all I would pay is £11.25(paperless billing) line rental + call charges.
I then went into a rant saying that when my BB contract is up I would be moving form BT,lock,stockand barrel.I said they were a disgrace and that I was not happy at the way this has been dealt with.
She then said...........wait for it.........

I hope you have been pleased with the service we have offered you today...................... :'(  :wall:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »

>> I hope you have been pleased with the service we have offered you today

:lol:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »

:-X
-----

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »

>> I hope you have been pleased with the service we have offered you today

Following UncleUb's trials and tribulations with BT (Indian sub-continent branch), if that is what they said at the end of the conversation, I would say that's a pretty clear indication that they are all ROBOTS - It just does not compute, does it ????
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"
Pages: 1 [2]

anything