Broadband Related > ISPs

Bethere Broadband New Contracts

(1/2) > >>

UncleUB:
I see Bethere have just introduced new 12 months contracts,and making it more expensive if you chose not go on one.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/

And this is the speed they estimate I can get with my line attenuation of 63.5  :o   :no:

--- Quote ---BT phone number     xxxxxxxxxxx   
We've estimated that your maximum download speed is 6 meg.This is based on information BT gave us about your BT line. Actual download speeds depend on different things, like the distance between your telephone exchange and your home, or the quality of your BT line. We'll work with what's there and always give you the fastest speed we can, depending on your chosen package. Even then, your broadband speed might vary from time to time.
--- End quote ---

No wonder they want you tied in for 12 months.  :no:

roseway:
I think you can take it that the estimate is wrong, unfortunately. :(

HPsauce:
It's interesting that they provided one at all. Their policy for some time has been to not take orders on lines that are too long to use ADSL2+ sensibly.
Maybe they know something your current ISP doesn't and you have a problem with your current ISP that can be overcome? It might be worth trying if you check out the short-term cancellation terms. 8)

UncleUB:
Tbh HP,

I haven't considered going with Be,its just while I was looking on their site I thought I would just put my number in and see what came up.Only the other day UKOnline estimated I could get 5.1mb.

At present I am getting 1.5mb with BT,which imo is quite good for my line length.

Line Mode G.DMT   Line State Show Time 
 Latency Type Interleave   Line Up Time 08:06:42:13 
 Line Coding Trellis On   Line Up Count 41 

Statistics Downstream Upstream 
 Line Rate 2112 Kbps 448 Kbps 
 Noise Margin 4.4 dB 12.0 dB 
 Line Attenuation 63.5 dB 31.5 dB 
 Output Power 17.5 dBm 12.2 dBm 
 K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 67 15 
 R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 16 16 
 S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 2 8 
 D (interleaver depth) 16 4 
 Super Frames 42077973  42077971   
 Super Frame Errors 1484  426   
 RS Words 1430651094  357662753   
 RS Correctable Errors 11904642  3956   
 RS Uncorrectable Errors 7139  0   
 HEC Errors 1333  0   
 OCD Errors 6  0   
 LCD Errors 0  0   
 ES Errors 0  0 

HPsauce:
What do you get when you use Kitz line checker? http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
(especially the BT estimate and distances)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version