Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sky Broadband Speed Going Up  (Read 2345 times)

davabirkenhead

• Just arrived
Sky Broadband Speed Going Up
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »

Hi there I'm with Sky for my broadband and I currently subscribe to the top max package. Has anyone received the notification that sky is going to increase the speed on the max package which is currently 16meg at present. All it say's is that it's coming soon anyone know what speed it will be.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Sky Broadband Speed Going Up
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »

They currently use adsl 2+ technology which allows speeds of up to 24Mbps as long as your line can support it.  They use the same technology and DSLAMs as UKO under the easynet group, but just restrict the maximum speed to 16Mb..
Therefore I should imagine it would be a fairly easy task for them to bring this in line with their other group offerings of 'up to 24Mbps'.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

joss

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »

I have seen a copy of the letter that Sky are sending out to its max customers. I guess not many of the customers would actually benefit from this. Save for those very close to their exchanges. But it is a step in the right direction.
I am thinking of join sky max myself.
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »

I read over on the Sky user forums that Sky currently only have line profiles upto 16meg.

But they can easily implement upto 24meg ones when they wanted to, which is obviously very very soon...
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather