Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Reboot message  (Read 24903 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Reboot message
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »

Salut OF !    Thank you for taking the trouble to reply  .....    I have removed two items from the USB ports ...  namely the Scanner which was attached via  a front USB and the Web Cam (attached by a rear USB)  since when I have had  NO problems whatsoever with anything !!     My scanner is used very infrequently, and I seem to be using the Web Cam less and less (I find that I telephone people much more than use Skype or Messenger etc.).   So I shall now only plug them in if and when necessary and hope that everything continues to run smoothly !    I still intend to get an external USB hub, but haven't had time yet   ::)     :)   Kate

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »

"Possibly" another cause of the problem may be if you are leaving a Floppy disc or CD/DVD in the drive or even if you have a external removable HDD and your BIOS is set to boot from either of these first.

scottiesmum

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »

No external HDD and no discs  in Floppy or CD  drives .....   I'm thinking the problem might be connected to  the Web Cam !!   no real reason but I just have a feeling ! :'(   Anyway it's  no problem at all at the moment because it's unplugged !  ;D

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2009, 12:21:01 AM »

buy and install an external, powered USB hub to connect all USB devices through.
2 weeks back!  :P

scottiesmum

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2009, 06:08:33 AM »

;D   I know HP  !     but I have been busy   :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]