Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An online petition about a cancer drug refused by NICE  (Read 4601 times)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: An online petition about a cancer drug refused by NICE
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 10:47:37 AM »

There are people abroad who are a HELL of a lot worse off than anyone in the UK.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »

There are people abroad who are a HELL of a lot worse off than anyone in the UK.

And your point being...........

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »

Some 3 years ago my wife was diagnosed with the aggressive HER2 type breast cancer and was lucky enough to be treated with a newly available drug called Herceptin. She is currently free of cancer

Signed. 

I sympathise strongly as my other half went through the ordeal of BC four years ago (not HER2 though, so no need for Herceptin).  Glad to hear your wife's in the clear, as is mine. 

My main gripe at the time was there was a three month wait for radiotherapy at the local NHS hospital.  She had BUPA through her work and so she was able to get it sooner at a private hospital - though that involved a 100 mile round trip every day for the duration of the treatment, about six weeks IIRC.  Far from ideal for somebody who was still recovering from massive chemo', let alone the discomforts of the radio'.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »

Thanks 7lm.....

I'm not confident that the original petition will do any good. I'm thinking about whether to start another one on the No 10 site which might get more publicity here in the UK. Right now I'm not sure as this has only just come to light this week. I'm going to do some more digging on the NICE website to see exactly what if anything has been published.

There is a very active forum in the USA and they are scared stiff of what their President is wanting to do over health care in case they get a NICE like organisation. There could well be some quite adverse publicity over the pond.
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP
Pages: 1 [2]