kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 11:54:51 PM »

heh - I can imagine... 
I spent most of last w/e clearing the stuff up but it still seems to be "airbourne". I'll be glad when everything is done.

anyhow just a heads up - gonna be a bit busy over the next few days trying to finish stuff off, and a couple of other things I need to do. :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 11:21:42 PM »

arggh...

I'm kerry packered.   Still not finished the **$%^$&&ing wallpaper.  One of those days.  Not one single piece of paper was straight forward.  Window, door, socket, more sockets, more cutouts,  radiator... damn wallpaper wouldnt stick.   :-X :-X :-X

:no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 07:31:03 AM »

Did you remember to paste it? :D
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »

grrr...  it sticks to the wall but its the edges which wont seem to "lie flat" if thats the correct description?

I only had 3 rolls of wallpaper and 1 packet of paste (supposed to put up 5 rolls which was mixed stronger).
So far Ive had to go out and buy another packet of paste, and on my 2nd tub of solvite border/overlap adhesive -
Mind you one really awkward piece was pasted about 5 or 6  times.
I tell you I nearly ripped the whole load of what I'd done so far off the walls and go looking for a different paper.
Dad was helping me and hes been papering for years - even he was cursing yesterday.

Round the window and door (and a couple of other places) Im going to cheat and use white sealant to make sure it sticks down at the edges.  :'(
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 10:58:32 AM »

White sealant eh? :no:

Still, it'll be something to talk about at cocktail parties.

Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 11:11:32 AM »

I think nailed edges would have been more of a conversation piece.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »

Now there's an idea. :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »

Finally finished it. (aside from the sealant)  >:(

You know what?  I now hate the damn paper - yeah ok the paper looks ok - but I bleeping hate it, because right now I just think of the hastle and how its the worst paper Ive ever had to put up. 
So wish I could have emulsioned, but that would have involved getting the walls re-plastered.

Mum and Dad came round this am to help.. I was one bit short so had to get another roll.  I think theyre fed up of the paper too.
Chris came round yesterday and wired in the new cooker* (in between work), and my bro came over this afty and with my dad lined it up and did a wee bit of DIY to make it fit in with the units..  so thanks to them for the help, otherwise Im sure I woulda cracked up.

Okay Ive got paste in my hair (dont ask), I ache through moving heavy stuff, Im bruised and I got sore hands... and Im shattered... 
and cant wait till everything is finally done.

Just gonna enjoy some more of this bottle of wine... then Im gonna go soak and relax for a wee while

-----
*unexpected expense - another long boring story.... but ended up having to buy a new one.  Dunno what I woulda done without Mum and Dads help...  and everyone else thats mucked in over the past few days.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 07:21:26 AM »

You'll laugh about it when it's over.

© Clichés R Us Inc.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 02:29:33 AM »

>> You'll laugh about it when it's over

Yep Im sure I will - but for about the past week I seem to be on the *almost there* stage.. and the simplest things seem to be taking an eon.

I wont go into specifics and bore you with what happened today - suffice to say - Im not too chuffed - knackered.. and dont ever buy any of those shelves that are supposed to be self-supporting. :no:

-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 07:44:32 AM »

I take it then that your self-supporting shelf didn't? Oh dear. :(
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »

>> your self-supporting shelf didn't

Nope - it decided to hang off the wall at over 100 degrees and no amount of tightening would pull it up to less than 90 degrees.  Tried messing with a couple of things and I now have some rather nice 1.5cm holes in my wall when dad tried to pull it off to start again by putting some additional packing behind it.
(Warning - once the self supporting shelves are up there is no easy way to take them back down again cause you have to pull very hard on the shelf to take the wood off the rods - which will ruin any future support if you have plasterboard walls regardless if youve used the correct plugs)

I tell you I was almost in tears of frustration.  I cant bear the thought of filling in and re-papering that section of the wall.  So it looks like Im gonna have to fill in and put in  traditional style metal brackets up. grrrr wish I'd done that in the first place.  Its only a small shelf and should have only took half an hour to put up.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 11:57:20 AM »

okay - new brackets bought - you know "proper" ones this time!

and the shelf was up in 1/2 an hour - and that included some very clever measuring up in order to disguise old holes.

Finally finished - new blinds ordered, got to clear away some old furniture and tidy up
- but dinner party at mine on Sunday in order to celebrate which co-incides nicely with the brats birthday.   
Bring a bottle :)  Already bought a bottle of bubbly
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

Top job!
I'd love to take you up on the invitation, but it's rather a long way from Kent. Still, happy birthday to the br^H^H^H^H^H^H Kimi.

Eric
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]

anything