Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9412 times)

conor

Hello
« on: April 14, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

Afternoon guys :)

Well we are in! Didnt have broadband for 3 weeks as BT cancelled the reprovide.  Just got reconnected today and connected at 6500 or there abouts!  So We are well pleased :)  And James at plus net agreed to refund a months sub so thats even better! :)

Hope i havent missed anything exciting :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 06:48:29 PM »

That's great news, even if it took longer than it should have done. :)

It's been fairly quiet in the meantime, mainly because the boss has been tied up with other things. But they say that Holloway is quite comfortable these days (just joking!!!).

Welcome back.

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:17:09 AM »

Glad you got everything sorted in the end Conor...  good to see you back "online" :)

As for me - picked up an infection from some tests that I had at the hospital, which laid me low for a few days.

I'll probably be awol again over the next few days since being ill mucked up my schedule for the prep work I was supposed to be doing on my kitchen.  The fitters are supposed to start work tomorrow.. so Ive got quite a bit of stuff I need to do over the next week :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »

>> The fitters are supposed to start work tomorrow..

hah - Ive just found out that they want to start this afternoon...  so Ive just had a frantic dash clearing the remaining cupboards out.

ho-hum - will have to paint the ceiling after the new units go in :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

I hope it goes well. A new kitchen can brighten your life, even if you do have to paint the ceiling yourself (horrible job!).

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »

heh painting the ceiling I can cope with.
(yeah it hurts the neck - unless youre 6 foot 3 and dont need ladders) ;D

Progress so far - new electics installed and central heating boiler moved.
Spent yesterday knocking the old tiles off the wall and filling in holes.

I had wanted to do stuff like painting the woodwork (skirting boards etc) before the new kitchen went in though, leaving only the wallpapering etc and final touches.
-----

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 05:25:42 PM »

Glad you got everything sorted in the end Conor...  good to see you back "online" :)
Definitely

I'll probably be awol again over the next few days since being ill mucked up my schedule for the prep work I was supposed to be doing on my kitchen.

ah, thats why I have not seen you around, your presence was missed, in fact I was "just" going to e-mail you, but then came across this thread. Hope you get well soon.

PS, Have just come back from the builders merchants and could not resist buying a new paint roller and stuff, the problem is, I am allergic to paint fumes, (well work really) so if you would like to pop around after you have had your own practise my whole house needs some TLC  :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

I'll do it for you, OF. My rates are very reasonable. :P

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »

Quick update -
cupboards are now in - was up till late last night moving some of my stuff back in, so I could move in other rooms.

Still got a couple of cupboard doors and handles to go up but that should be today (waiting for wholesaler to deliver some final bits).  Theres also some finishing touches yet to be done.

This weekend is going to be clearing up and moving everything back in...  then I can start the papering.
-----

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »

"When father papered the parlour..."

Eric'll remember that one!  ;)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 10:51:21 AM »

You're right, I do. :)

"Mother was stuck to the ceiling
The children stuck to the floor
I never knew a blooming family
So 'stuck up' before."

They don't write 'em like that these days.
  Eric

conor

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

This weekend is going to be clearing up and moving everything back in...  then I can start the papering.

You don't want to use paper!!  horrible nasty stuff. 

We have just spent then last 2 weeks getting rid of what paper we can to paint it.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 11:35:10 AM »

>> You don't want to use paper!!  horrible nasty stuff

Going to have to -
One side of the kitchen is well..... kitchen. The other side is the dining area.
In the kitchen area, Ive just had new splashback put up (The stuff thats like huge sheets of tiles), and Ive painted the areas over the units..  but as for the rest of the room..  the plaster isnt that great (particulary where the double glazing and doors are) and Ive also had to have the central heating pipes boxed in (concrete floor) so paper is the only way of hiding a multitude of sins in that side of the room Im afraid.

Things are a bit delayed - the joiner came down with that flu-buggy thing at the w/e so was ill yesterday so havent been able to move everything back in yet as theres still his tools lying around all over the place.
He's still got to finish off a few things (cupboard doors, handles and sealing the splashback) but when he's finished and taken his tools away (like the large bench saw etc)..  then I can start decorating the dining area.

...  and then clean the house - brick and sawdust seems to be flying around for fun.  Will be good to have everything moved back in the kitchen too since then I can reclaim the rest of my house :)

>> We have just spent then last 2 weeks getting rid of what paper we can to paint it.

So Luce has got you doing the decorating of the new house already conor?..  or was that something to do until BT got around to installing adsl. :D

-----

conor

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »

So Luce has got you doing the decorating of the new house already conor?..  or was that something to do until BT got around to installing adsl. :D

I'm sure I don't know what you mean!!  :P

We should have the dining room/ Study finished this week.  It's a large room and will only be able to to after work.  I know it needs doing but is so boring!! :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 03:14:44 PM »

brick and sawdust seems to be flying around for fun

If you really want to see brickdust going everywhere, try cutting a hole in a brick wall with an angle grinder. I cut a doorway in the side of my garage a few years ago, and when I'd finished I looked like the victim of a volcano eruption. :'(

Eric
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2

anything