Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2nd line install  (Read 2374 times)

MollyCoddle

2nd line install
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »

I would be very grateful for feedback by anyone that has installed a 2nd line, either as part of resolving problems, or just out of interest and comparison. Any lessons learned, problems encountered?

Please PM me if necessary.

Regards,

MC

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
Re: 2nd line install
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »

Hello Mollycoddle,

While at my previous address, some years ago I did have a second BT line installed. I was at that time a Talktalk customer for BB and telephone. I do recall having a pretty poor BB performance, which eventually led to a BT engineer calling. If I remember correctly, He ended up switching the connections up the local pole, which gave a more stable connection, but didn't really improve the BB much. At the time I was only using one of the lines, I think.

Don't know if that's any help

TTFN

toulouse

Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: 2nd line install
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »

I can't  see how having a second line is going to help, all it will do is waste money. (£120+ line rental + £125 connection fee)

You can't just plug a router into any ADSL line and get a connection as the connection is line specific.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:40:41 PM by BritBrat »