Broadband Related > ISPs

ISP ratings suggestion

(1/2) > >>

MollyCoddle:
May I suggest that either users leaving a rating, or kitz and co. ask for the package name in the rating form; when the user leaves a rating of their ISP on this site.

This may help others to assess the performance of an ISP at differing package levels, when doing a more detail, comments based assessment of the ISP rating.

My own experience has led me to realise that I was nieve when reading the ISP ratings page before deciding my recent move. I should have realised that the ratings being left may well be for a top end package and that ISP may well give a lesser service to a basic package customer.
Perhaps just posting this may help others be more aware!!

I choose a basic package from an ISP that matched my download and other requirements, yet narrowed my choice to the top 5 as was current in Dec 08. Having moved It could be that I either have been unlucky with my service so far, or that as a basic package customer my comments above are relevant. My ISP still appears to hold a near Top of the Pops position.

My experience with them does not warrant a top half position.

I sincerely hope this helps others considering a move,

MC

kitz:
I am a bit up to my eyes in stuff atm..  but I will look at seeing if I can do something about this when I get chance. - good suggestion.

waltergmw:
Hi Kitz and MC,

Perhaps something about remedial actions and processes would be helpful.
Accessability, fault logs, technical quality of call centre staff, and willingness to address the issues being raised are all very important particularly in areas of poor quality services.

Kind regards,
Walter

MollyCoddle:
@waltergmw

I understand your position, fwiw, I believe adding too much detail to the ratings may defeat the benefits of the system and result in a lot of work.

@kitz

I am not a software chapping, or I would offer to help as my ISP experiences need a positive outlet.

MC

waltergmw:
@MC,

I'm not one for making things complicated either. I suspect we're looking at two facets of the same problem.

For those rating an existing ISP perhaps two measures:-
a) satisfaction with technical customer services
b) satisfaction with fault logging procedures

For those attempting to choose an ISP some advice to include fault rectification criteria particularly if line distance exceeds say 2.5 km.
(it's a topic that might not even be considered by those who've never had to deal with a fault, but it's still a very important point which should be addressed before Murphy strikes.)

FYI the noise storm problem I'm helping with and that's still ongoing used to be via Tiscali.
Just immagine trying to use their processes !
I recommended changing ISPs before tackling the problem as I could see it was a difficult fault; Am I glad the end user took my advice !

Kind regards,
Walter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version