Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Error 10061 from down under  (Read 3595 times)

mywifeshusband

Error 10061 from down under
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »

Hello from Auz, from where I'm on holiday, and using my daughter's modem and Bb connection.
In the UK I send and receive emails from Outlook Express via this netbook. No problem doing it at home in the UK. I have btinternet.com address courtesy of the BT yahoo joint venture.
Here in Auz I can receive emails in Outlook Express but can't send; this I have to do via the yahoo email facility and Internet Explorer. From here they go perfectly well, but from Outlook Ex pass or Outlook I get the following error message; Secure (SSL) No Socket Error 10061. Error 0x800CCL0E
Although not a major problem, I'd like to be able to find the answer to this little problem. Any suggestions? Ta!

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: Error 10061 from down under
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »

HI
Secure (SSL) No Socket Error 10061. Error 0x800CCL0E
Is that the full error message ? does it not give you info on server and mail account ?

Regards Jeff

Edit is your AV scanning mail ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:52:35 PM by jeffbb »
zen user

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:49 AM »

Its possibly because BT only authenticate sent email on their email accounts that are send connected via a BT connection.  A lot of ISPs do this.
It wont affect incoming mail - only outgoing. 

For eg I have an old BT email that I can collect mail ok from, but I cant send from that mailbox unless I either use the Yahoo webmail or use a dial up BT connection.

Whilst away at your daughters, you may be able to use yours daughters ISP's SMTP server to send mail through.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

mywifeshusband

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. As I say it isn't a major problem; not at least if you compare today's communications with those of our grandparents.

anything