Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The site + Me  (Read 4666 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
The site + Me
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »

Just a heads up guys.

Please bear with me a few days...  as some of you already know, Ive had a lot on my plate over the past month or so.
The site is also at a stage were its almost becoming a full time unpaid job, but because of personal circumstances Ive had to let a few things slide over the past few weeks.

My email and PMs are a bit out of control and although I did make a determined effort last weekend to clear some of them, theres still probably about 200 mail that need looking at.  Ive tried to keep on top of the most important ones, but theres still more that need doing..  these are mostly to do with things like ISP price changes and amendments and adslchecker, or other site amendments Ive been notified of.

I'm asking you guys to please bear with me - I'll still be around, but I still have other important r/l commitments to consider and take care of which will also take a few hours out of my day. 
Its come to a climax 2 days ago when friends and neighbours are actually commenting Im physically looking ill myself... despite the fact I thought I was coping.

Ive no longer any need to do 'the night shift' but I need a bit of space to grieve and get used to a few things.  Last night was the first night in ages when I got a full 6 hours kip.  I still have other family commitments though that do have to take priority.

I have to go out NOW...  so sorry if this is garbled...  but just a notification really on how things are....  and if Ive not responded to a PM or mail... you know why.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: The site + Me
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »

Take all the time you need. You push yourself too hard. Those other commitments are what matter most. :flower:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »

Your wellbeing and your family must always come first Kitz,things like websites and emails can always wait.  :flower:

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »

Give yourself time and space kitz, you need it and deserve it.  The site and the mail will still be there when you are ready come back to it......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »

Kitz, look after you and yours.........that is your prime concern.

Take time off to recover from from stresses, we'll still be here when you get back, and so will your site.

Thinking of you.  :flower: :hug:

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »

Hi Kitz

Please look after YOURSELF . There is nothing that needs to be done  here  that is more important than you health and well being  .

Regards and best wishes Jeff
zen user

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

Kitz,  you must  put yourself first (for a change).  Your health is the number one important factor; you have very capable people on here to hold the fort and I know they will,  so you just  concentrate on the things that are bothering YOU, but mainly on yourself.  Take lots of care, thinking about you  :hug: :flower:    Kate

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »

Having recently joined your forums I would like to say how impressed I am with the way they are run. Obviously I have no previous knowledge of your personal life Kitz but from the responses so far you are a very well thought of person. I will stress what a lot of them say and that is to look after yourself before worrying about this website/forums. You have a team of people who seem quite capable of running the ship until you feel better in yourself. It is time to take notice when people close to you begin saying you do not look well, I know from experience. That's how I got to be a Silversurfer.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »

Kitz

Take time off to recover.  We will all still be here when you get back. We look forward to hearing from you again when you feel able.

gom