Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Database error  (Read 5243 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Database error
« on: March 07, 2009, 07:56:20 AM »

There is a temporary problem with posting messages on the forum. The message "Database error: Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. " is displayed. Just hit the back button a couple of times and refresh your browser, and you will see that your message has been posted successfully.

This has been noted, so you don't need to report it.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Database error
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »

test
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »

not sure exactly what or where the problem is atm.. but Ive just reported it to my hosts.
I am not sure at this stage if its related but Ive had rapid repeated requests on the server from a foreign IP trying to do something they shouldnt.

Will report back when I know more.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »

Still not sure what caused this - it seems like for some unknown reason the SQL server came under heavy load.
Both myself and my hosts have checked and all seems ok...  so perhaps whilst it was coming under heavy load it was prioritising certain tasks.

If theres any more problems Ive been asked to let them know and they will investigate further..  but as it stands right now, there should be plenty of available capacity/load/space.
-----

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »

Still not sure what caused this - it seems like for some unknown reason the SQL server came under heavy load.
Both myself and my hosts have checked and all seems ok...  so perhaps whilst it was coming under heavy load it was prioritising certain tasks.

If theres any more problems Ive been asked to let them know and they will investigate further..  but as it stands right now, there should be plenty of available capacity/load/space.
We've had similar symptoms on our servers and it looks though someone is trying a SQL-injection probe repeatedly to break in.  Just keep your servers up-to-date and (hopefully) they will give up and go elsewhere.

Colin

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »

I haven't seen a repeat of the problem since about 9:30, so hopefully it's clear now.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »

I have just had that error again.If you hit the 'back' button it posts ok,but shows the post as unread by the poster.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 03:14:27 PM »

Yes, me too...........twice now.

Have you noticed that it seems to happen on the days that member "kitzing" has posted.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:16:41 PM »

Yes, me too...........twice now.

Have you noticed that it seems to happen on the days that member "kitzing" has posted.

I hadn't noticed TD but seems a strange coincidence  :hmm:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »

>> I have just had that error again.If you hit the 'back' button it posts ok,but shows the post as unread by the poster.

Thanks for letting me know.

I think it occurs if the server is busy and prioritises things... it makes the post, but then takes a while to display the new page.
If it continues to occur I'll get back to my hosts.
-----

anything