Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: RESULT  (Read 4720 times)

evs

• http:\\www.disqworld.net
RESULT
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:30:17 PM »

WOW I just bought the netgear 834gt and took my sync from 1.8 to 4.1 amazing. It started at 3.4 but DMT tool lowered the snr target and bang I got 4.1.  I set this at 6db but it sill hits 9db is there I way I can be greed and set the target to 6 and get 6 instead of 9db.

BT had me set at 15db as months ago I had dropouts but they refused to lower it after the problem was fixed.  I carnt believe the netgear and DMT tool let you change the target snr  8)

My ip profile is still at 1.5 but I hope after a bit it will jump upto 3.5 is this right

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: RESULT
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:48:48 AM »

In theory the target noise margin should be automatically reduced after a longish period of stability (I don't recall offhand how long 'longish' is), but whether this still happens when you are tweaking it at your end is in some doubt. The DMT tool will only adjust the target noise margin by up to 6dB either way, so when you set it to 6dB what you actually did was subtract 6dB from the BT target, thus giving you 9dB. I don't believe that you can do any more, but I'm open to being corrected on this.

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:54:21 AM »

Hi evs

Another sucess story for the dg834g? :)

Yes your IP profile should increase after 3 days.
As regards to the target SNR, although you can tweak using DMT, but since your line seems to have improved quite a lot if I were you I would try the permanent route.

Re-contact your ISP explaining that you have purchased a new router and your line is now a lot more stable (they should instantly be able to see this from your sync figures).  Then request that they ask BT to change your target SNR figure.  The ISPs seem to be able to do this a lot easier than say playing ticket tennis with BT for things like interleaving and stuck bRAS profiles.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jabns

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »

Im using a Draytek Vigor 2800 and you can do that through telnet by typing:

adsl codinggain 8

and if you don't want your IP profile changing just type:

adsl fullretrain 7

i have gone from 3MB to 5.5-6MB

Drayteks are bit pricey though £120 for a V2800 but the QOS is very effective.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:45:52 AM by jabns »

evs

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 11:33:07 PM »

my crc errors seem to be high at the minute and the router resyncs at a lower speed looking at the snr in dosnt fall below 6bd so I dont know why it is resyncing itself

crc errors 7201 in 24hrs is that bad and will that force a resync

bt were doing somthing in my street with the wires under ground the other day and then up the ole since then my line has these errors

jabns

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:14 AM »

Thats quite a few errors lol.

I did have that propblem where i could look at my syslog output 1 second and then look 5 seconds later and there would be 400 more errors. After monitoring this for a bit i noticed it was all happening once a day and happened in the space of a minute. I then realisied that i did not want to have to wait 3 days to regain speed for the sake of a "blip"(BT have introduced some messures called Blip Logic but i am unaware how succesful its been).

What i did was look through the telnet server for a command that souned something like training ect. I then found the one previously mentioned above:
adsl fullretrain

this has quite a few options:

and codinggain:

so all i can suggest is looking for a feature like that in the Netgear WMC or Telnet server

.....Since today i am now seeing speeds of 8128kbps and 832kbps because BT sent a "team" out to my exchange and property. My attenuation has gone from 31.5 to 21.5  ;D .  and thats quite good considering i live 1m from the exchange MAP.

Don't have a clue what could have made my line go from being that c**p to that good but hey im not complaning.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:44:39 AM by jabns »

evs

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »

can anyone tell me if there is a way to telnet to the netgear 834gt as I am sure it is the errors and not the snr that is causing the resync my snr never goes below 6.5 but at around 12am a resync

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »

From the web interface go to http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug which should result in a plain white screen with the words 'Debug enable'. After that you can telnet into the router with 'telnet 192.168.0.1'. Type 'adslctl --help' to find all the commands you can use in the telnet interface. One to start with is 'adslctl info --stats'.

Eric
  Eric