Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thanks Vodafone Meadowhall  (Read 8060 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Thanks Vodafone Meadowhall
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:45 PM »

All too often we grumble when something goes wrong and seldom say thanks when someone does something beyond the call of duty. But I'd like to say a big thank you today to the staff at Vodafone shop in Meadowhall, Sheffield. 

Normally my Samsung D900 goes the best part of week without recharging, and since I was only away over one night I didnt bother to take my phone charger with me.   
However, I didnt expect to get lost going to PN towers yesterday therefore using the phone longer than normal whilst Ian "talked me" to the door... and my usage whilst there took a hell of a lot more hammer than what it normally does.
Result one dead battery this morning.

I didnt like the prospect of driving back alone without a phone, but staff at the Vodafone shop despite me not having purchased the phone from there, kindly recharged it for me whilst I wandered round MeadowHall and did some retail therapy. 

I'm afraid I dont know the names of the guy and girl that helped me, but they handled my request with no fuss nor bother, and they were more than happy to help.

Thanks guys -
1). because my daughter had been trying to contact me and was starting to get worried cause she couldnt get through.
2). because normally I dont like travelling far from home alone and I sometimes get a bit panicy if I dont have the phone as backup.

:thumbs:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Thanks Vodafone Meadowhall
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 01:12:13 AM »

All too often we grumble when something goes wrong and seldom say thanks when someone does something beyond the call of duty. But I'd like to say a big thank you today to the staff at Vodafone shop in Meadowhall, Sheffield. 
:thumbs:

Good on you Kitz, and a big cheer for Vodafone.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:29:32 AM »

Too right. The phone can be a lifesaver.

Eric
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 11:13:22 PM »

That was good of them, It may be a good idea to get a phone charger lead that plugs in your car cigarette lighter socket so you could charge it on the go.  ;)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »

That was good of them, It may be a good idea to get a phone charger lead that plugs in your car cigarette lighter socket so you could charge it on the go.  ;)

and there-in lies a slight problem.  Vauxhall in their wisdom at one point must have decided that providing a cigarette lighter in a car was a bit pointless/anti-smoking or something.

Despite the car being a special edition with nice things such as colour coded bumpers, tinted glass and a useless pollen filter etc - theres no bleeding cigarette lighter! 
Ive had the car from new - and it never dawned on me to check for a cigarette lighter when I ordered it. (Theres an ashtray but the lighter hole is blanked off).
I did get a quote at one time to have one put it but it was several £hundred  since it involves taking the whole dash off to wire one in :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 10:43:05 PM »

Thanks guys -
1). because my daughter had been trying to contact me and was starting to get worried cause she couldnt get through.

I am begining to forget my own name =[ no-one else uses it =[
You call me 'My Daughter' & everyone else introduces me as 'You know Math? This is his girlfriend....'
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »

It's allright Kimi.. there there *hug* :D
Chris

anything