Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Linksys ADSL2 AG241  (Read 5845 times)

joss

Linksys ADSL2 AG241
« on: February 21, 2009, 11:03:50 AM »

Hello
A couple of questions for you peeps.

My router is a Linksys ADSL2 AG241 ADSL gateway 4 port switch with Firmware Version: 2.01.00.

What I would like is information on how to get better info from my router. I am currently using Routerstats to monitor SNr and connect speed. This is due to currently being in the 10 day training period, after moving to DSL max product.

I have read posts that refer to the DTM Tool. Is this something that can be used with my router?

Thanks
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Linksys ADSL2 AG241
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:11:49 AM »

It's DMT, not DTM :) You can download it from here but you have to use the right version for your router. Although the AG241 isn't listed there, I think that v8.07 might work for you because it supports the WAG54G. You can get some help in using it here.

You can see how to get the router stats here.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:15:11 AM by roseway »
  Eric

joss

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:12:16 PM »

Thanks for the reply and the error correction thanks :-[

I shall try the DMT tool thanks for the link.
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss

joss

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:34:16 PM »

Mmmm slight problem using the DMT tool.

It says "there is no server running on the given port" which is 23 in the DMT tool.

Any ideas ?
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss

dizzy4528

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »

What URL are you using to log into the router,and have you entered your router password.

joss

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »

What URL are you using to log into the router,and have you entered your router password.

using 192.168.1.1 yes password is correct
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss

dizzy4528

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »

Try ticking the special log on box . If that dont work it may be that the DMT tool isnt compatible with the chipset in the router.  :thumbdown:

joss

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

Try ticking the special log on box . If that dont work it may be that the DMT tool isnt compatible with the chipset in the router.  :thumbdown:

I am thinking that you may well be right there. I opened port 23 on my firewall, but still no joy.

Thanks any, it was always worth a punt  ;)
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »

Did you try the special logon box?
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »

After a little googling, the AG241 doesn't allow telnet access in its default state.

I found this page which has a custom-built firmware image that enables telnet access on the router (required for DMT tool).

I can't personally verify the safety / success of using this firmware, and the usual warnings apply about installing unsupported firmware on a device, it will also void your warranty should anything go wrong.

So it's up to you - remember the firmware is the core software that makes your router work, and I'm not suggesting you do this, merely pointing out that it is possible :)
Chris

joss

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »

After a little googling, the AG241 doesn't allow telnet access in its default state.

I found this page which has a custom-built firmware image that enables telnet access on the router (required for DMT tool).

I can't personally verify the safety / success of using this firmware, and the usual warnings apply about installing unsupported firmware on a device, it will also void your warranty should anything go wrong.

So it's up to you - remember the firmware is the core software that makes your router work, and I'm not suggesting you do this, merely pointing out that it is possible :)

Yes Roseway, I did try the Special button but I still feel the same! ;D

Thanks  Mr Chris a very useful link there, I have duly booked marked it.
However, As the router is working very well I shall not bother with the firmwear. No point in meddling with something that is preforming well.
I was thinking of getting a new Adsl+2 router if O2 unbundle our local exchange. Might look at Netgear again but still think back to the last netgear I had just would not work...
Once again many thanks for the help peeps

Regards

Joss 
Zen active pro 8 meg

Joss