Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sunday 15th Chatzone  (Read 4506 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Sunday 15th Chatzone
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »

Oh dear, Kitz, I'm saddened to see your posts.

Poor Chaz and poor Dad, too. You really are going through an emotional roller-coaster just now.

Thinking of you all.... :flower:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »

Kitz,sorry to hear Chaz is poorly again and also your dad.  :(

Just a thought about Chaz,is there any way he could have been poisoned.What I mean by that is a neighbour who is anti cat putting poisoned food down.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »

I read the online report from the LEP but I thought it said the shop had been closed for  months,

I saw mention of that too... but its not true.  There's a lot of locals who aren't happy about the reporting situation since everyone seems to be concentrating on Yates... and even the local paper and counsellor all gabbed on about Yates, and made no mention of the other smaller businesses, nor the animals that had perished in the fire.

I used to take DD in there a lot when she was younger, it was one of those friendly pet stores where they didn't mind you taking the kids in just to look (as long as you obviously weren't annoying the animals).  One thing I do remember is they had a talking African grey parrot that has been resident there for years.  Guess he must have died too :(

Where she works is more or less directly across the road and she'd gone down to see about work.. but she still doesn't know when they will be opening.  It was whilst she was outside that she said this guy came out with a kitten.  Although I cant understand why it took someone so long to actually try and see if there was anything they could do for the animals sooner. :(

Although Ive not seen anything official, there is mention that the fire could have perhaps been started inside the Arcade -perhaps in the doorway  by some drunk who was using it as a shelter for the night and decided to light a fire to keep warm.
I also cant understand how the fire took hold so quick and was already well established by the time the fire brigade got there...   that area is normally well busy with police and community police patrols at that time of night as the clubs are kicking out.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »

Thanks for the wishes re chaz - he's still a very poorly boy.

No its not poisoning - last summer he lost his sense of balance and has never recovered it.   He did quite well and after weeks of nursing he gradually adjusted and makes his own slow way around the place and made adaptations to what he can and cant do.
Just simple things like he couldnt jump the 6 foot fence when he heard my car, but he would walk through a gap between mine and my neighbours, and then round the front that way.   We wouldnt run, but he built up to a fast walk.  He used to be a very vocal cat, but now just opens his mouth and not a sound comes out.

Then for some reason last week he suddenly started to have bad problems with balance again, he'd fall off things, and he could no longer even jump up on the sofa.
Then earlier this week he gradually stopped eating and I'd have to really tempt him.. and started having little  accidents.  He started taking tablet steroids on Monday, but by Friday he wasnt eating at all and couldnt even climb the stairs... and he got very distressed when he wet himself.

Then on Friday night - something just seemed to vanish from his eyes and they were blank and the 3rd eyelid closed partially over, I wasnt even sure if he'd last the night which is why I stayed with him all night.
Anyhow I took him back to the vets first thing sat and as he got out of the carrier he started purring at the vet and then started looking around and being inquisitive.  Then promptly peed for the vet  :D  lol at least the vet said that looked normal  :-X
He's had a check up and he cant see anything wrong other than the balance problem and old age and being very thin.  He's had an injection of steroids which we are hoping will increase his appetite and make him want to eat.
Ive nursed him through similar last summer.. but he wasnt as poorly to start with.. so we're giving him a few days to see if he makes any improvement.

He is taking a little food but it takes me about an hour to feed him 1/2 a sardine... and then I have to carry him outside and support him whilst he does whatever.

Yes I have a litter tray in the kitchen for him, no he wont use it - except to sleep in  :no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »

Kitz,    re: the fire  ....   I was so incensed to read about the loss of the animals, and the complete non mention of it in the media,  that I have left an appropriate message on the LEP comments on this story. It may invite other similar comments, or even alert the LEP  !!!!!    and then perhaps  some proper journalistic enquiries  will be made  :(

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »

Kitz
I hope things get better for you. As for the lout who started the fire well words fail me . What is worse no doubt so do gooders will plead on his behalf so that he will just get a slap on the wrist ,instead of the punishment he deserves . >:(

Jeff
zen user

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »

I went to see Chaz yesterday and he is incredibly ill. I actually shed a tear or two, he is so thin and unlike himself. I popped across to Aldi to get him some chicken tikka, ham and fish fingers, which he tried and then gave up. I wish I could make him eat :'(

And te fire affected us quite badly. We had no power for over 24 hours therefore had to empty the fridges and freezers of all the stock. Plus I have to apply to the council to get my wages for the shift I lost.

I may visit Preston Crown Courts when the mans court date is. Maybe try and set him on fire so he knows how the animals felt. Okay, maybe not, but I feel a very strong hatred towards him. Very strong.
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »

Oh dear, poor Chaz. :(

And I know how you feel about the arsonist...
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]

anything