Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sunday 15th Chatzone  (Read 4505 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Sunday 15th Chatzone
« on: February 15, 2009, 08:39:21 AM »

Morning all,

Hope you have a good day whatever you're going to be doing.....out to family for lunch today... yummy, always better when it's cooked for you lol.

Brekky time now...so I'm orft.... take care and keep warm.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Sunday 15th Chatzone
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

Good morning, Chrissie, and all who may pop in  ;D

Hope you enjoy lunch, Chrissie, as you say no cooking or washing up is a treat.

Grey and rainy again, but very mild here.

Had a bit of a cafuffle in the garden yesterday when there was a battle royal between two pairs of robins.........the older resident pair have been ousted and a new lot are now staking the territory for themselves.

Nothin much on the go, so yet another lazy day.

Have a good time doing whatever you are up to.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:42:47 AM »

Morning all :)

I installed my camera nesting box on the shady side of the garden shed yesterday, and connected up the cable to the house. Today I'll be connecting it up to a small TV and hoping that a pair of birds make it their home. My eventual aim is to connect it to the PC and use it like a webcam, but there are some interface problems to be solved first.

It's a nice mild day today, so hopefully the freezing spell is over.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »

Good morning all,

No frost and quite a bit milder.

Enjoy your pampering today Chrissie.

I'm off for my 'medicene' shortly   :drink:

I watched the film, 'No country for old men' last night.Has anyone seen this? What a wierd ending.I was gripped right through the film and then left wondering at the end,did I miss something.  :shrug2:

Have a good day whatever you are doing.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »

ALL  !

Bright and sunny morning,  may even cut the grass later, it's not too long but 'tufty'   .... ooops sorry TD  nothing personal  ;D 

Eric,  I think we should call you our Big Brother Kitizen   :D  ;)     

The cranes flew off in huge numbers yesterday ..they winter in their thousands in this area ....their return migration usually points to Spring being around the corner   :sun:

Bon Dimanche everyone !  and Bon Appétit Chrissie ! 

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 11:32:40 AM »

I installed my camera nesting box on the shady side of the garden shed

Which way is that facing, North, South, East or West?
The shady side is probably the wrong side as it may not get enough sun to keep warm.

I think they should face south, but not too sure. (edit.. well I did say "Not sure")

Morning all :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:05:00 PM by oldfogy »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »

Thanks for the comment OF, but no, nesting boxes shouldn't be put on the sunny side because they would bake in the summer. To quote the RSPB advice:

"Unless there are trees or buildings which shade the box during the day, face the box between north and east, thus avoiding strong sunlight and the wettest winds. "

Mine is facing north-east.
  Eric

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

Just checking.

Apparently that's one of the biggest mistakes when people install nest box's, when facing the wrong way they then wonder why the birds either don't use them or abandon them after a short time.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7891046.stm

Hope Kitz is OK.    :o

Not sure how close Kitz is to this area.

Colin

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »

I don't think she's near there. But she did mention that Chaz isn't well :(
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »

I'm fine ty... just really busy atm..  and still getting further behind with the PMs and mail.

..  and yest chaz isnt well again - I thought Friday night was going to be his last and stayed up with him all night well eventually falling asleep on the rug in front of the fire.

He's not eating and gone stick thin...  and is once again having problems walking.
When I took him to the vets on Sat I really didnt think he'd be coming home with me.  :cry2:

Then when at the vets he started purring and started showing interest in his surroundings, so were giving him a few more days to see if he can make any progress.
In the meantime the only way I can get him to eat anything is tinned sardines hand feed a tiny bit at a time, so it takes about an hour to get him to eat 1/3-1/2 a sardine..  which isnt much but its a start on trying to get him to eat again.   I also have to carry him to 'his loo' and wait around and support him while he has a pee.

So its hard work.. on top of that as some of you know my Dads not well and having to have treatment everyday...
and there really doesnt seem like theres enough hours in the day right now.... and why if I do do anything site wise its later on at night.

I've pulled chaz through this a couple of times in the past but it does require dedication.. and yes it is bloody hard work... and yes I am soft for worrying over and pampering my cat, but if I dont at least try to see him through the next few days just to see if there is an improvement then I will always regret it....  so if Im not around much over the next couple of days you know why. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »

Take care Kitz,  you are NOT at all soft for worrying about and pampering Chaz; you have a lot on at the moment so  look after yourself,  sending lots of  :hug: :hug:  ....   Kate

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »

Re the fire - DD phoned up this afternoon.  Its affected where she works so as they have no power to the premises and the road is sealed off and full of water.

Although the fire started at about 3.30am, they didnt get the fire under control until about 10.30 and they were still damping down this afternoon.
Although a lot of the news reports concentrate on Yates, it apparently actually started in a shopping arcade underneath and at the back of it.

My daughter is really upset..  the sick b@stard that started the fire did so in a pet shop (where one of my cats came from) and well can you imagine all the animals that will have died in that fire. Its a place that sells kittens/puppies/birds/rabbits and other small animals - not just a food and collar type of pet store.  Thankfully it wasnt residential and no lives have been lost.

She was there at the time when a guy went in to try and rescue some of the animals... and she said that afaik there is only one kitten that survived, and she got to stroke it as a guy pulled it out... poor wee mite was terrified.  Can you imagine them all being locked up in cages in the midst of a blazing fire.  The fire must have gone upwards from the pet shop to Yates, and then spread from there in a triangular V shape to all the other buildings.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 12:28:51 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear of all the problems including your own (obviously)
But words just fail me. :hug:

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »

Oh my goodness Kitz,   that is a terrible thing  ..... just dreadful ..... I read the online report from the LEP but I thought it said the shop had been closed for  months, I didn't realise there were animals in there  ..... I also read that a 20 year old man had been arrested,  he want horse whipping if he's done that  ..... dreadful . >:(
Pages: [1] 2

anything