Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AOL - not providing 2meg but say they are  (Read 9142 times)

splatty g

• Just arrived
Re: aol not providing 2meg but say they are
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »

i did try using livehelp but after forty minutes of him asking me the most basic of basic questions such as "is my modem plugged into the phone socket" and "is it recieving power" even after i clearly explained my problem he told me id have to call aol member services for further assistance, god dam them lol this is becoming soo damn frustrating

------------------------------

update: after another call still nothing they said they cant help me unless my speed was below 400kbps

begining to lose hope, thats all ill do for today ill give em another go tomorrow i think
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:53:35 PM by splatty g »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »

OK  didnt want to put you off before - but this is not the first time where Ive come across AOL help not fully understanding how adsl works, and Ive tried to help several other AOL users who have found themselves in a very similar position.

One of the people I was trying to help via a forum, I had given similar advice to.  Anyhow he managed to get in touch with livehelp...  who put him on hold for about 15 mins whilst he searched for an answer.
He came back to the AOL user with a link to the thread where I'd been discussing the guys connection.

Turned out the AOL user had got a CS support agent who was trying his best to help - but the CS agent was having to search the internet for information on how things should actually worked.. and ended up finding one of my posts elsewhere. :/

Hence my suggestion higher up in the thread that perhaps it may have been easier to direct live support to this thread.

The tests that you have conducted prove without a doubt that you have already got a 2Mb connection.  BT have completed all the work... all it now needs it for AOL to put you on a 2Mb profile because they are throttling your throughput speeds... and that is all that is stopping you from getting the higher speeds.

Good Luck.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 11:17:23 PM »

>> update: after another call still nothing they said they cant help me unless my speed was below 400kbps

Its nothing to do with that - 400 kbps is the minimum acceptable speed set down by BTw for exchange contention on the VPs.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything