Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friday 6th chat  (Read 4489 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Friday 6th chat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

I'm packing  ...is there a helipad Unc   ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »

I'm packing  ...is there a helipad Unc   ;D

:D

You can land at Sheffield airport(5mins away) now that  Fisher Price have given up the lease.(the biggest waste of money ever spent)

Its where SY99(police helicopter is based).They are always flying overhead,so I'm sure you could grab a lift.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:07:11 PM by UncleUB »

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 02:12:53 PM »

Only had a few inches of snow in the night compared with the deluge the night before, our village was cut off for a time yesterday.
My wife could not make her 12 mile journey to work and our daughter was pleased when her school was shut and she would not have make the 10mile journey on the school bus.
Going to rap up now as I'm putting floorboards down in the holiday flat I'm building, it's open to the elements and it's +2C in there :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 04:20:25 PM »

@ unkyUb.............we've got the bus on hire for Sunday, or should I say buses, seventy-nine of us Kitizens popping round for the fun.

What did you say the address is. ?

Just turn right at the cooling towers beside the M1  :D

The cooling towers that were demolished last year?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »

@ unkyUb.............we've got the bus on hire for Sunday, or should I say buses, seventy-nine of us Kitizens popping round for the fun.

What did you say the address is. ?

Just turn right at the cooling towers beside the M1  :D

The cooling towers that were demolished last year?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »

He's getting very crafty, now that he is a Senior Kitizen... :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »

He was trying to get us lost, but the attempted diversion failed. :crazy:
  Eric

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »

persistently raining in Norfolk, tried to snow but so far it's still too warm to settle but everywhere is very water logged. Huge puddles across country roads.  :rain: at least I've been mainly under cover today and it's nowhere near as cold as in other places.

I'm sitting in an exchange closing my last task off when at 17:30 on the dot the exchange has just gone crazy, god knows how many incomming calls going through this area. Then one by one the odd phone starts ringing within the exchange.

Wonder whats it is ? double glazing, new kitchens, TV, mobiles, banking services................
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:43:51 PM by Ezzer »

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 05:57:48 PM »

Probably people looking for Central Heating Engineers and plumbers. Keeping my fingers crossed that my old 30yr back boiler keeps going for another year at least.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »

persistently raining in Norfolk, tried to snow but so far it's still too warm to settle but everywhere is very water logged. Huge puddles across country roads.  :rain: at least I've been mainly under cover today and it's nowhere near as cold as in other places.

I'm sitting in an exchange closing my last task off when at 17:30 on the dot the exchange has just gone crazy, god knows how many incomming calls going through this area. Then one by one the odd phone starts ringing within the exchange.

Wonder whats it is ? double glazing, new kitchens, TV, mobiles, banking services................

Probably the banks looking for people to loan money to?
Pages: 1 [2]