Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HELP Needed  (Read 2707 times)

evs

• http:\\www.disqworld.net
HELP Needed
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »

Hi all,

I am leaving pipex in a few days and going to ukonline LLU so I am looking to find the best router possible to enable me to get the top speed possible.  I am not bothered about being wirless I just want to know what will give me the fastest speed possible as I live about 2.5k from the exchange as the crow flies.  I am looking for somthing that is going to give me the lowest snr support possible and I have heard that the netgear is the best for this can anyone confirm this or recomment another router for me

thanks

p/s I must mention that they say I can get around 6MB so its not adsl2 it is just the adsl max LLU

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: HELP Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »

Hi evs,

There isn't really a definitive answer to this question, because different equipment works better in different circumstances. It may depend partly on which make of DSLAM is used in your local exchange. Certainly the Netgear DG834 has a well-deserved reputation for holding on to sync down to very low noise margins. But in my case the Speedtouch ST546 performs rather better on a similar line to yours (~6Mbps sync), and as it happens the DSLAMs are Alcatel (same manufacturer).

Eric
  Eric

anything