Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: buzzing keyboard  (Read 3905 times)

scottiesmum

buzzing keyboard
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:28:05 AM »

My keyboard has suddenly started 'buzzing'   and when I type nothing appears ...   it is since I installed separate speakers because of new monitor (old monitor had speakers combined) ...  I have noticed that now the speakers are turned off (because of noise) I can type normally again  ...  does anyone know how I can remedy this please ? Many thanks for any help ... :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: buzzing keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »

Is it a wireless keyboard.........possibly picking up interference from the speakers ?

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »

Thanks for your response TD ....No, I got rid of the wireless one, and have one that's plugged in .....I'm sure it's a conflict on the sound thingy (don't really know what I'm talking about  ::) ) but I'd just like to know if there's an easy way to sort it out .....   I have headphones plugged in as well....  I can turn off the free standing speakers on the speaker itself ....  I have had a little interference  on the headphones but nothing like on the speakers   :'(     It's just extremely annoying  :(

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »

Is it a PS/2 or a usb keyboard ?

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

I've just had a peep    ::)       it's a PS/2   ....   it's an extremely old keyboard TD ....  it has survived two machines ....  it originates from my Compaq computer of many moons ago .... I did actually buy one of the all singing and dancing wireless ones, but I could not get on with it  ( don't ask  ::) )  so I plugged this one back in and have  continued to use it. .     It hasn't buzzed at all all through this post !!! :-\     

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »

And the buzzing is definitely not just in the ears ? (  :drunk:  ;):D

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »

I was waiting for that    ;D :P     No  ....   but it does appear to have stopped  .... ::) :blush:      can outside elements affect it at all  ?  I ask that because work is still being done in the region on the telephone and electricity lines (people still off in some places !) ....    perhaps when I had to move the tower to look at the plug I repaired it   ;D

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:05:37 PM »

And the buzzing is definitely not just in the ears ? (  :drunk:  ;):D
Of course the buzzing is in her ears, how else would she hear it.  :silly:

Can I suggest you check the pins in the plug to make sure none of them are faulty.
Also, as you had a different keyboard which possibly had a volume control built-in, try removing the the keyboard from within "Device Manager" then re-boot the PC. "Removing the keyboard should not stop you from being able to re-boot the PC" when it will then re-install the drivers again.

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »

Of course the buzzing is in her ears, how else would she hear it.          :lol:    I've got ESP    ;D

Thanks OF  .  I shall give that a whirl  ....   for the moment however the problem has stopped  ......   :'( :-X   perhaps TD has a point  :lol: