Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: saturday 24th chat  (Read 4261 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: saturday 24th chat
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »

Even though we have 2 pairs of blackbirds whose territory overlaps in our garden, neither pair showed whilst we were doing our "count" - do you think they might have migrated?

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »

Just been reading an update of the storm in France and Spain, I hope Kate is okay and it is just a power cut, although I think she did say yesterday it was a bit wild.

TD why are you Despondent, is it our cluelessness at your clues, will try harder.

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 08:55:40 PM »

Bon Soir All   !!!      PHEW !!    we are here battered and shattered but OK  !!  THANK YOU all for your kindness !     It's been very hairy down here and at 4.30 Saturday morning there was one very frightened little doggy and a Mr and Mrs who were not too confident either !!   The electricity went down at about 5.30am  and thanks to some relentless workers ours came back on about half an hour ago !  so I thought I'd pop in to see if anyone had solved my 'place Clue'  :D      A bit of damage but nothing that won't mend.   We had a similar situation in 1999 (in fact it was much worse for us then, we took the brunt of it,) this time it is just further south which has had a terrible time, loss of life and mayhem!  We were 'organised' for this, as it was forecast and they were bang on time  ... 4 am   ...   WOW  :o :o   We have a generator that kept the freezer going,  lots of candles, tons of oak, plenty of food and  :drunk:  in fact I'm just about to go and relax !! and succumb to a glass or two  .....  I'll catch up on here tomorrow  ...Hope everyone is OK    .....    bonne nuit  !

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »

Welcome back Kate, pleased to hear you and your loved ones are in one piece, that's all that matters.

Was reading an update about two hours ago and it said they had drafted in about 1000 engineers, that's some re-wiring job.

I knew you had a log burning stove so would be okay for warmth, but wasn't sure what your cooking arrangements were.
Anyway your safe and that's all that matters, come back tomorrow 'cos I'm not very good with depressed ducks.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »

It's a great relief to see you back Kate. :congrats:
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:46 AM »

Good to hear back from you, and very glad all is ok.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

Thank you  .....   :)

:angel: :angel:  ooo TD  you've opened the  flood sungates now  :lol:

Yorkie we have a  gas hob (bottled gas)  we decided a long time ago,  being so rural, we should prepare for all events ... we could also cook on top of the woodburner if were really stuck; although I did draw the line at throwing a chicken on the actual fire to roast it  ;D

My planned 'busy day' today has been cur short rather early due to some telephones not being back on yet and everyone I've tried up to now who might have replacement tiles is obviously amongst them, so will wait a few days.   Can't praise enough the engineers, both electrical and telephone, who have done, and are continuing to do,  such sterling work through dreadful conditions.  I thought of you Ezzer !   Chapeau ! The pictures in our paper this morning are dreadful  :( 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »

Glad to see you back Kate and that all is well :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 01:14:10 PM »

Do I need to get out more? as I seem to have missed what appears to be some devastating news our French friends.

Welcome back Kate and very pleased to hear you are safe and well.
Pages: 1 [2]