Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Play.com  (Read 20319 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Play.com
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

I use Play.com quite a lot because the postage is 'free' and sometimes it can make quite a difference to orders abroad; having said that, the other day  I ordered the complete set of West Wing from Amazon on offer at around £54   (44 discs  :o)  and the postage to here was only £1.88   :shrug2:   Sometimes I use Amazon France,  it's useful because I can get things in French and English there and the postage is Free.   I really use the one than offers the best deal at the time; but Amazon to me are second to none as a Company par excellence ! 

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »

I will second that about Amazon Kate.They are the first online retailer I ever used a lot of years ago and I  still regard them as the best.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 07:05:44 AM »

I have just noticed this, in "Computeractive" magazine issue 285
Seems that play.com has also fallen foul of the Adcertising Standards Authority.

Hope it's big enough to read  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 07:14:41 AM »

Thanks for that TD.

Just to say that today my account has at last been credited with a refund.

I am still waiting for a response from Jersey trading standards.................

I have now removed Play.com from my bookmarks and unsubscribed from their newsletter.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

Glad you have your refund, unkyUb.

I think you are right to avoid this bunch.........too much hassle and you can never regain trust in them after the bad experiences that you and Kitz have had recently.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 07:33:53 AM »

I know it was only a £2.99 cd,but it was the principle of the thing.

1) I spent a total of over 20 minutes trying to get through on their helpline,and when I did was told a load of rubbish.

2)They don't give you an email contact address,for an online retailer I find this beyond belief.(I had to find one through Google)

3)They say they will respond to your email within 24 hours,they don't.

And finally I don't like the way they seem to alter their prices at such short notice.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »

Quite right, the amount of money involved is not the salient point...........it is the principle, the lack of service and the contempt with which they treat their customers.

I wonder how much money they make in a year by their clients not bothering to make a fuss about small amounts.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »

I have just noticed this, in "Computeractive" magazine issue 285
Seems that play.com has also fallen foul of the Adcertising Standards Authority.

Hope it's big enough to read  :)

Online music retailer Play.com has received another warning from the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for claims it made about the savings it offers.

This is the second time in a year that the UK's advertising watchdog has had to censure Play over its advertising claims.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/news/2233724/play-com-falls-foul-advertising
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:05:26 PM by BritBrat »
Pages: 1 2 [3]