Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Play.com  (Read 21128 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Play.com
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:25:43 AM »

Hi,
does anyone have an email address for Play.com.I have looked on their website but can't find one.I have tried phoning but am fed up of being held in a queue.

I ordered a CD on Monday,the took the money out of my account on Tuesday,yet according to my order its still in packing.I thought they didn't take the money till the item had been shipped.

scottiesmum

Re: Play.com
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

Unc  ... I've found this e-mail address which MIGHT still find them    INFO@play.com
I have had cause to 'phone them twice,and each time I've not had to wait that long ...   I avoided first thing in the  morning and tried nearer lunch time.  Both times they were extremely helpful.   :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »

Thanks Kate,there is no mention of what times their helpline number is open,is there?

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »

No I can't see any hours listed for the helpline sorry !   

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »

Just got through after 13 minutes and was told it will be posted today because it is in packing.i said it had been 'in packing' for 3 days now so why wasn't it posted on tuesday.She just said it will be definetely be posted today.  :no:
Play.com is Jersey ? I spoke to an Irish lady  :-X Whats that all about.
I am starting to loose a little faith in this store,especially after all the messing about Kitz had with that printer.And its not the first tme they have altered their prices after people have already ordered.

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »

There are a LOT of Irish people working in  Jersey Unc, we discovered that when we visited there last year.    The people I spoke to there were Irish.   Personally I've never had a problem with them, the occasions I've had to contact them were to confirm details of the product.  I think all these type of  firms have problems now and again, but up to now I've no complaints about them.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »

My major bug-bear with them is how often they change their prices..
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »

Needless to say my Cd wasn't shipped as promised. >:(
It has cost me nearly £1 in phone calls up to now for a £2.99 CD  :no:
I am not happy with this site,there is no email address (the one that Kate gave me is an unmanned one)
I can't cancel my order online because it is in packing,
There is only one contact number and no info as to when that is open.
I have ordered many things from them over the years without problem.but I expected a better customer care from this company.
My last call to them was 14 minutes before I got through to speak to someone.  >:(

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »

You're not having a lot of fun with them are you Unc  :(       I thought you could cancel an item up to when it had been dispatched !  I'm frantically looking through their rules etc..  to see if I can find anything   .... 

I've just spotted this Unc ...

You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by clicking on the ‘cancel’ link next to the product ordered on your account page on the website. We can also accept cancellations by telephoning 0845 800 1020 during normal office hours. You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 7 working days after the day after you receive the product by:

1. sending the notice of cancellation by email to terms@play.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number; or
   2. where you have already received the goods, returning the goods to Play.com unopened together with the original invoice. Play.com will refund you the purchase price of the goods. Where appropriate Play.com shall refund any additional customs duties borne by you on receipt of the relevant customs receipt.

It may be worth sending a cancellation e-mail to the address here and point out that according to their site your order is still at the packing stage.  hth. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:37:00 AM by scottiesmum »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »

UnkyUb, they are in the Channel Islands.....................it's the french influence... :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

They belong to the UK   ...  say no more  :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »

Thanks Kate,

This from the Play.com website.

My order is in packing.

what does 'packing' mean

*Payment for your order was successfully processed.
 *Your order is now being prepared for despatch.

That is probably why there is no 'cancel' order icon.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »

*Update*

I emailed Play at customercare@play.com earlier today and received a case number.Then about 5 minutes ago I received an email which stated that the item I ordered was out of stock when I ordered it(shown as in stock at point of order).
He said he would investigate but in the mean time if I want a refund he would arrange this(I have replied saying that is what I want).
Why wasn't I told this when I phoned yesterday to save all this confusion.  >:(

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »

When I first read this thread I suspected it might have been due to the item being out of stock.

Uncy pop over to http://www.find-dvd.co.uk and see if you can find an alternative source.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »

They are still showing the item as being in stock  >:(

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/2430420/My-Baby-Loves-Lovin/Product.html

I have seen it at Amazon for the same price £2.99,but have spend a £5 to get free delivery  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:30:01 AM by UncleUB »
Pages: [1] 2 3