Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sunny Saturday 17th !!  (Read 4517 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Sunny Saturday 17th !!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »

Ezzer, you could try some "Sudocrem"

It is an antiseptic healing cream, thick and gooey that comes in a wee grey tub. It is really designed to protect against nappy rash, bed sores etc but is very effective on any sort of skin or flesh sore. Rub it on, it dries quickly, not sticky and very soothing.
As well as soothing, it is mildy antiseptic and thus helps to keep the wound clean.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »

"Ditto" to what TD has said about Sudocrem.I use that to rub in around the scarring tissue on my leg.Also Savlon ointment is very good and heals sores etc quite quickly,it takes all that aggressive redness and soreness away.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 11:35:46 PM »

Thanks for the advice chaps. i been trying alcoholic wipes to keep the area clean and a mosturising cream in the meantime to keep it hydrated. So far seems to have worked. It looks better from the disaster where I let every one else nag me into placing a plaster over it. Only 8 hours worth but the effect is so hideous. Seems to be back on a healing track. I'll get hold of one one the creams you mentioned as it makes sence. the bit of the wound I've looke after is clearing up so well, no way you could tell that i've cut away so much flesh so recently. the bit in the middle not so pretty. Irritating but not so much as before. Just goes to show, do your bit and keep things clean an nature has developed over millions of years a way of coping and sorting the problem
Pages: 1 [2]

anything