Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sunny Saturday 17th !!  (Read 4516 times)

scottiesmum

Sunny Saturday 17th !!
« on: January 17, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »

Allo Allo,  All  !     :sun:     ....well haven't had one on here for a while, so it's time to bring it out again   :lol:

Hope everyone is OK   .... Enjoy whatever you're doing !     .......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Sunny Saturday 17th !!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:04:43 AM »

Good morning.  ;D

No suns here,  :( , wet and windy and we are battening down the hatches in anticipation of force eleven gales later in the day.........that's 90 mph.......will go and tie down chimney pots just in case.

TD spent most of yesterday afternoon playing around in Photoshop and doing the most resource hungry things in there, making it work very hard.
When he went to shut down the PC, he was all of a quiver and.............it shut down perfectly.. :clap2:
Don't speak too soon, but that fiddling with the paging file might have done the trick.

If so, the clue was given by Kitz..........she is great, isn't she. Can fix anything from a poorly modem to a paging file and everything in between.
Thank you Kitz................emm, you couldn't come and have a look at the washing machine. could you ?

Nothing much on the agenda today.

Have a good one, hope Kitz is feeling better and that we hear from Chrissie and Yorkie who have been missing a wee bit recently.

Have fun.. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »

:thumbs: :fingers:

Chrissie was having a few problems with her machine the other day ...   I wonder if it's playing up again .....   hope it is  "only" that ..... and I think Yorkie mentioned she was back to work, so perhaps she's having a well earned rest   .....  hope they are both OK  .....

and yes  Kitz is a 'wonder' isn't she   even when she's not very well she's  ready with a helping hand  ... :clap2:

I'm sure  Unc will be along soon with one of his cheery good mornings...

TD  keep out of that wind and rain  ... it will play havoc with your feathers   ;)   :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »

To everyone,

Looking good TD  :fingers:

Sunny here too Kate,but very windy.

I too hope Chrissie is ok ,as already said it might be her 'puter' that is not playing nice.

Hope you don't get too much storm damage TD  :fingers:

Have a good day whatever you are doing.  :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:40:49 AM »

Morning,

Sunny here now, but had heavy rain about sevenish and wind appears to be picking up.

Expecting a Tesco order shortly, just realised forgot to order my treat of two custards tarts, never mind still have some mince pies left.

Take care.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »

Morning all

I'm rather embarrassed to tell you that it's bright  :sun: here at the moment. But it does sound as though some of you are going to have to batten down the hatches. :(

I hope you all have a good day and manage to stay on your feet.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »

eeee guys you made me blush. :blush:

I so wish I was that good, but when it comes to electronics and electrical stuff around the home then I really am hopeless.  :-[
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »

Afternoon all,

Just a quick hi and bye at the moment... where has this week gorn to??  No problems as such thank goodness but just not finding the time to pop on with other things I'm doing and have been managing to get out BUT... will try again later today to catch up with all the news.

Hope Kitz is feeling a lot better now, about time with what she's been going through poor soul.

Agree with TD 'bout computers.....HATE them... but love what they can do (when they are doing it!!)  ;D  Hope yours is behaving a bit more now TD and stays that way too...liccle angels ain't they....when they do what you tell 'em and they respond.

have a good afternoon everyone... BBL.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »

Its bright and getting warmer in Norwich, the airs almost completely still.

Washed the van this morling so no more messages on the back for a while like "proposed site for GM crop" ho ho ho  :blush: tied it up on the inside a bit which means some more ribbing off my colleagues (I'm a bit obsessive with the tidyness on my tools).

The resident woodpecker at one of the exchanges is now homeless, 2 trees have been cut down here including a large willow, dosn;t look right.

And in the distance theres a loud alarm going off. BT security can't see any thing on their system. It's not the access or fire alarm and nothing marked on the box thats making all the noise. Hope it's not the gas alarm as I'm by the mdf this afternoon. So if Floydy writes a post about a loud bang near him you'll know whats happened.

Otherwise TD, about your washing machine. have you accounted for all your mobiles ?  :lol:

Seriously, if it's a case of a fancy electronic programable machine and its the fancy electronic which are going funny. you havn;t got a wireless router near it ? No this isn't a wind up. There is a particular make ofwashing machine which does suffer from interference from wireless routers on particular channels. Only tends to happen if the router is very close to the machine. if so change the channel on the router and if possible site it further away from the washing machine (clue to the make of machine with the problem: very warm hunting dog  ;))

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 06:22:10 PM »

The wind is quite strong here at present,be careful if you are venturing out tonight. :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 06:35:53 PM »

We had a tremendous gale with lashing rain. It started about two oclock, then about five we had tremendous thunder and lightning. TD shut down his PC just in case, and just in time as about forty minutes later, the leccy went off.

Then, at about quarter to six, the wind dropped to nothing, the rain stopped, the sky cleared and now it is very pleasant and starry. TD has just been out for a wee walk around the village. And of course the leccy is back on.

They say the snow is to come tomorrow..... :(

Going to shut down, and off to bed.....feeling really tired tonight...........will sit up in bed and read my PCPro magazine and will probably wake up about two in the morning with the lights still on and clutching a half read mag.

See you in the morning.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:38:34 PM by tuftedduck »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »

Sleep well :)
  Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »

Just getting a battering with the wind and the rain at the moment, I have a feeling I shall be recovering my recyclable plastic bits tomorrow morning.

I do that TD go to bed to read a book, fall asleep and two hours later I'm woken up by book hitting me in the face.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 02:32:14 AM »

has any one got a cure for a cut or wound as what I've got is driving me to distraction (madness) I think I know how a peppercorn feels like in a grinder. but i've had enough please any thing to get it to stop

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 02:52:49 AM »

does any one find from time to time they HATE the internet. All this info at your fingertips is great. sometimes its greating
Pages: [1] 2