Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: connect speed /download question  (Read 11468 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: connect speed /download question
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

Kitz are you going to get access ?? 

Oh well that lastest for all of half a day before I got slapped wrists for making a few posts.
All of them technically correct and none of them derogatory to tiscali..

Hope they had fun deleting them.. because I didnt do or say anything wrong.

That seems common practice "over there".

I did happen to notice some posts on there by you which haven't been deleted.

They seem to think they "know it all" ::)
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 05:44:45 PM »

I did happen to notice some posts on there by you which haven't been deleted.

Seems like they got their duster out today.

These are some of the examples that they have deleted

>> it's a odd because I can now see a potential line rate of around 1mb (MAX or not), but a current line rate (at 15:25) of 2.5mb:

The BTw database is often conservative, and on odd occasions wrong...  hence why its only an indication.

>> I only live 0.8 of a mile from the Southbourne exchange

Then youd expect your line to be seeing much higher speeds than you are now.  However..  cable doesnt always go in a straight line and its probable that it goes all round the houses first. 

A far better way to look at the physical condition of your line would be to provide ]url=http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php]line stats[/url] from your router.

On reflection I think however this may have been the one that upset them

Thanks for the results/update. Have you tried your connection from the BACKPLATE of the master BT socket?

The line stats are excellent - its a very good line and theres nothing to indicate a problem with the physical line as the OP is already syncing at the maximum speed for an interleaved line, which it probably doesnt need anyhow.  That line should easily perform at the full 8Mb.

I dont have the rest of this post but it went on to say that have they made sure the wireless was secure and asked where they were checking their speeds at... and to ensure there was no malware.

I bit my tongue for a lot of posts... and even the one above which is the one that I think got to them - I was running the customer through all the usual stuff - so they cant even say I was slating them.

I have replied to their PM today saying how appalled I am and would they please reconsider reinstating my posts as I had not breached any of their rules.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 06:14:48 PM »

HI

Its unbelievable that good sound advice should cause them concern. You would think they might take it onboard.So it seems that its just a case of not been interested in helping their customers just in keeeping them  at bay. >:(

It seems to be Tiscali first ,tiscali second and tiscali last!!

Jeff :wall:
zen user
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything