Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Want evicting then.........  (Read 2402 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Want evicting then.........
« on: January 10, 2009, 04:19:16 PM »

This is your neck of the woods Floydy............................

http://tinyurl.com/7xfjng

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Want evicting then.........
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:51:31 PM »

its a mile from me once had a fault there. replacement window fitters cut through a cable. Always remember that one as the lady had so many dolls an china and glass ornaments she had only one chair squezzed in the front room to sit in If I'd had to get to the master socket I rekon it would have taken me and the warden 3-4 hours to move enough stuff for me to get access.

it was very clean and tidy but was as if the V&A were squezzed into a living room.

using empty housing as a short term accomodation for those in need evenbif the buildings have a life span of months at most is very sensible. But this was disgracefull. £62000 pa salery plus that of her partner  >:(

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

Ah yes that scandal has been rumbling on for several weeks.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 06:58:24 PM »

bet its the tip of the iceberg. and not the only abuse happening . Not the only council
zen user

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »

which saw more than a dozen council officers move into a sheltered housing complex after the elderly tenants were moved out.
Why were the elderly tenants moved out?
Were they due to demolish the buildings and if so, would that then mean that the new illegal occupants would be entitled to further council accommodation.?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:25:51 AM »

which saw more than a dozen council officers move into a sheltered housing complex after the elderly tenants were moved out.
Why were the elderly tenants moved out?
Were they due to demolish the buildings and if so, would that then mean that the new illegal occupants would be entitled to further council accommodation.?

Yes she told the residents they were due to be demolished,then moved in and was paying £48 a month in rent  >:(
The other council employees have now been told they have to move out.(I hope this doesn't infringe their human rights)  >:D

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »

OK so the places are due for demolition, and maybe they saw it as a way to boost the council's coffers by offering them to council employees at a discount.  But if they are fit enough homes for them, surely they are fit enough for the original tenants to live in (at a reduced rent)?
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 10:26:52 AM »

I don't wish to appear to be nit-picking but:

who moved into £47-a-week
Not £47 per month.

Although it's mentioned about a 100 new housing project, there's no actual mention that the residents were told when the properties were to be demolished.

However, when the time did come for the properties to be demolished, it would be a lot easier for the "staff" to move out rather than trying to remove someone that would not go.
Plus we also have the added bonus of the properties being occupied, thus stopping squatters moving in.

Although I don't condone what is alleged to have happened, you also have to remember, this is a newspaper article and I think some of you know my feelings with regards to the tabloids.
"HALF TRUTHS" and the rest is made-up to suite.

But for the sake of the general public something also has to be seen to be being done.
"Dismissed on full pay"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »

£47 ?

The £48 a month was quoted on the BBC main news last night.  ;)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

and I think some of you know my feelings with regards to the tabloids.
"HALF TRUTHS" and the rest is made-up to suite.
Like I said.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »

From what I understood as the site was due for redevelopment the council need to start to get the properties vacated by long term tennents early to allow time for all the tennents to have alternate suitable accomodation set up and moved into as doing this last minute would be very unfair to the tennents.

As this may mean some/all the properties are vacant for a short term then as long as it's made clear that it is very short term ie months at best .So effectively a stop gap. it makes sence to allow their use for any one desperate for accomodation either homeless or in very unsuitable accomodation.

The gauling bit was the "desperate for accomodation" bit was overlooked in the case of the executive who gave herself one of the properties.

However I have no idea about the situation about the other council employees who moved in. they may well be deserving cases

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »

However I have no idea about the situation about the other council employees who moved in. they may well be deserving cases

Yeah right  :no:

anything