Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tues 6th Chat  (Read 9251 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Tues 6th Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »

@ TD,yes 2 new knee's will be required at some stage.Although I have other problems with my leg.Some years ago while I was waiting for the bus to move off before I crossed the road a drunk driver skidded across the road and ploughed into me and my ex wife.
My right leg was badly broken,it was a compound fracture that took ages to heal.I spent 9 months in a full leg cast and nearly two years off work.I also had a broken arm and fractured shoulder.My ex wife had a fractured pelvis and broken leg.The impact knocked her through a privet hedge into a garden.
I went back to doing my job of a joiner,but over the years the physical strain of all the kneeling,climbing etc took its toll and now my knee's,bones and ankles all have severe arthritis. :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 09:09:41 AM »

Gosh it is like doctors surgery in here :'(
I'm sure the cold weather mustn't be helping many people either. :/

After another night of not feeling well and the pain in my left kidney now starting to really get to me, I took the plunge this am and phoned up the docs again for an appt. Unfort the surgery is only half day today and they dont have any appts until tomorrow... 
...so I'll be a grumpy moany person for another day : :D

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 10:09:26 AM »

The physical strain of all the kneeling,climbing etc took its toll and now my knee's,bones and ankles all have severe arthritis. :(

2 years ago (courtesy of the NHS) I received 2 new knee joints (metal and teflon) and can recommend them to all who suffer knee and cartilage problems.  My arthritis had worn away all the load-bearing surfaces and you can imagine how painful it was.  No looking back now - I even came out of medical retirement and back to work.

Pester your GP - it works if done politely and persistently and quoting "quality of life".

Colin

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »

Oh dear, unkyUb, I had no idea that you had suffered such severe injuries..........no wonder the joints and legs make themselves known.
I hope that your ex-wife has recovered without lasting problems.

What a terrible experience..........I hope the errant driver was made to pay the full penalty for his actions.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »

Oh dear, unkyUb, I had no idea that you had suffered such severe injuries..........no wonder the joints and legs make themselves known.
I hope that your ex-wife has recovered without lasting problems.

What a terrible experience..........I hope the errant driver was made to pay the full penalty for his actions.

Yes my ex wife recovered,the only problem being because of the pelvic injury she was only able to give birth at a later date by caesarean

The driver was fined £100 and banned for 1 year(it was 30 years ago)

scottiesmum

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »

Good grief the dreadful story of Unc's and Kitz's continuing kidney problem knocks my back pain into a cocked hat ..... :o

Kitz   can you not call the doctor out ?  getting cold  trailing to a surgery won't do you any good ....  do take care  :) :hug:

What a terrible thing to happen Unc ... and you are now left to pick up the pieces so to speak  :(     you take care too  :) :hug:

The driver was fined £100 and banned for 1 year(it was 30 years ago)    Why does that not surprise me  >:(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:31:26 AM by scottiesmum »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

The driver gets fined a small amount and loses his liberty to drive for a whole year.............but the innocent parties suffer the consequences of his drunkenness for the rest of their lives.

No justice at all..................terrible.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 11:15:54 AM »

The driver gets fined a small amount and loses his liberty to drive for a whole year.............but the innocent parties suffer the consequences of his drunkenness for the rest of their lives.

No justice at all..................terrible.
I totally agree,it happened on the 1st December 1978.We spent 6 months at my mum's being cared for after 2 weeks in hospital.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

OMG UncleUB that's horrendous. Drink Driving is not taking seriously enough in my opinion, the penalties should be a lot harsher, all too often the aftermath of someones stupidity are never taken into account.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »

Personally I think that anyone who causes death by drunken driving should lose their license for life.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

scottiesmum

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »

Personally I think that anyone who causes death by drunken driving should lose their license for life.

I would extend that ( with additional punishment)   to causing death by any sort of driving. 

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »

I second all those comments.

The driver didn't even get a scratch.The car ended up wedged between the bus and a garden wall.All I remember was seeing this car coming towards us sideways on,I turned then the next thing I;m laid on my back looking up at the bus doors and remember the inspector on the radio for the emergency services.There was one other person who got off the bus with us,he was laid on my leg that wasn't broken.I thought he was dead.Turned out he had only sustained minor cuts and bruises.
I didn't think about my ex wife at first then kept asking where she was.When the fire brigade came I remember someone shouting,'there's someone in this garden' The car had knocked her through the garden hedge.
Still after 30 years a nightmare for me.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »

I would extend that ( with additional punishment)   to causing death by any sort of driving. 

That's more or less what I meant. The life ban from driving should be accompanied by a mandatory life sentence, instead of a paltry 2 years or whatever.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything