Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tues 6th Chat  (Read 9250 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Tues 6th Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »

:lol:

It looks like the mouse has taken charge at TD Towers 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:33:50 AM by scottiesmum »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »

Morning all,

Cold and frosty here too, I think that's what's got into TD you know....making him do these strange things with his mouse  :lol:

Got the TV repair chap coming today... :(, the new tv bought in September has to be "looked at".  We always use headphones for sound on TV, mainly cos OH has a hearing problem but also because we find it better because you hear so much more (even of the bad noise ha).  Anyway, we're only getting sound through the left earpiece now, it was working ok one minute then not the next and as we always leave them plugged in it's not at though we caused it ourselves.  Tried other headphones in the socket just in case but it must be the tv as they are all the same... sigh.  Hope it can be fixed as we really don't like to watch tv without them....

Hope you all have a good day today and manage to keep warm.  Hope OhSnap and Kitz and anyone else not feeling 100% at the moment will soon be back to full steam ahead (or thereabouts lol).

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 10:43:05 AM »

Chrissie...  I know what you mean about the TV sound and headphones .....sometimes the background music is so intrusive you can't hear the dialogue.  I can understand some music in films, dramas etc.. but WHY  do they have to play that infernal musak when asking the question on Who Wants to be  Millionaire, I switched off last week.      :(      Hope you get the problem sorted.   Just a thought, when  I use headphone's I sometimes get the sound  only in one ear piece, and I've found that the 'plug' into the audio system sometimes works a bit loose  itself   :'(  and  a twiddle usually sorts it; but  I suspect you've already twiddled .  :)

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 05:51:01 PM »

Still feeling quite back-painy today, but managing it with Panadol and Cura-heat pads. Quite handy in this cold weather :)

Popped out for something to eat at Lloyds, it was a lovely break as I'm job-applying online for admin jobs (Everyones hours at work have been slashed :( ) and Sam is writing an Essay on Crime and Sin and stuff. Some Criminology stuff.

Meeting Churee and Bjorn for some fun tonight. Can't wait!

Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »

Sorry to hear about your back problems, but you are probably going to be plagued by it for the rest of your life.  I too had back trouble that started on and off in my teens until my mid 30's when I eventually slipped a disk (ouch!).  I recovered from that but still get twinges from time to time.  All you can really do is take strong pain killers when it's bad, always sit on the sofa with *cushions to support your lower back, and try and avoid awkward lifting.

* and/or a nice hot water bottle
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »

Luckily my workmates and managers understand my back problem and do all th heavy lifting for me :)

I'm actually getting kind of used to it now and it rarely gets me so bad that I have to take painkillers.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »

If the pain is really bad see your GP and get him to prescribe Co Codamol 30/500.I have these for the pain in my knees.They are very strong and don't suit everyone,but they are very good.  :)

http://www2.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000553.html

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »

I have plenty of co-codamol due to other things! Haha. (same type, too)

When I go to the doc, he prescribes me Diclofenac for my back. That sure works....

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »

If that's those little brown tablets, then yes they are good. :)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »

Small update from me, still feeling pretty awful and being nagged to go to back to the docs.  :-\
I feel ok if I rest, but as soon as I attempt to do anything or move around it doesnt take me long to feel really carp again.. and me being me hates going to the docs since I had enough of hospitals and doctors a year or so back.

I've made a half hearted attempt to put away what (very few and late put up) decos, but I dont have the energy to go get the boxes from up in the loft and put them all back, so they are now sat in a pile in the corner of the lounge.
However I really am going to have to get my arse in gear soon as Ive felt too carp to set foot outside the house for the past few days and my remaining food supplies (and cat food) are now beginning to dwindle:/

Anyhoooo my real reason for posting - I know TD had been asking about Ella and these are some snaps last time I was there just after xmas.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »

Yes, they are the little brown tablets.

awww Ella ^_^

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

Bit late today, had a visitor, my cousin came to see me, and we do yatter a bit. We don't see or speak to each other as often as we should she only lives about three miles away but its across town. I'll let you into a little secret it might be my birthday tomorrow, but don't tell everyone.

Probably to late to tell Oh Snap not to boogie to hard.

For the record I'm not taking any pills.

I do sympathise with those with back problems, have been fortunate not to have suffered chronic back pain, but I do know from the odd bout that its one of those nagging pains that wears you down.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling down Kitz, don't push yourself to hard, leave the decs, no one will notice, well they might but will be too polite to say anything. Tell the cats its takeaways this week and they'll have to go out and get their own. Get one of the supermarkets to deliver and stay in front of the fire, thats my motto.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »

Sorry couldn't see pics, you posted as I was typing and then Avast decided it needed to do an update.

Aww little cutie.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 06:39:47 AM »

If that's those little brown tablets, then yes they are good. :)

Mine are big capsules(I ask for capsules as I find them easier to swallow.)
The 30/500 are not available without prescription,the 30 part is Codiene(which can make you feel a little 'high')The 500 part is paracetamol.
According to my GP the next step up from these is 'opiate' pain relief,ie morphine.He would not give me this type of pain relief beacause once you start taking it on a regular basis you will become dependant on them.

Surgery now closed  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 07:03:53 AM »

Oh dear, I am sory to read of all the aches and pains, and it does make me feel very thankful that despite age and the problems that it brings in it's train I have no pains and can avoid all these painkillers and remedies.........so far at least.

UnkyUb, the opiate route is no doubt a last resort and should be avoided if at all possible, morphine is nasty stuff to be hooked on.
I am sure you have investigated the possibilities of knee transplants, I know several people who have had new, "plastic" knees fitted and who swear by the process and who have never looked back after taking the plunge.

Kitz, don't force yourself, time will sort out the remnants of the lurgy and the stresses.
Thanks for the pictures of wee Ella, she is gorgeous... :)

:)
Pages: 1 [2] 3