Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: friday 2nd. chat  (Read 4864 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
friday 2nd. chat
« on: January 02, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »

Good morning, and I hope all are fighting fit this day.  ;D

The frost has gone, to be replaced by heavy grey clouds and a bitter January wind from the east, and quite a strong one too. Chilly.

Just had my usual morning trundle to the shoppie only to find that it does not open until 9.00 am today, so will have to face that wind again in a bit.. :(

Other than that, nothing much happening so TD will stay snug near the fire.

Have a good day.  :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Re: friday 2nd. chat
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

Morning all.

No frost and a little bit of sunshine, which prompted me to wash a few windows outside, feeding birds has its downside. :(

Like TD nothing on the agenda, bit of pottering otherwise known as housework.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »

You can potter down here too  ;)  - been in bed three-and-a-half days with the dreaded flu' and nobody did the housework   :(   What are kids and grandkids for?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 10:41:59 AM »

You can potter down here too  ;)  - been in bed three-and-a-half days with the dreaded flu' and nobody did the housework   :(   What are kids and grandkids for?

To give your money to,what else.  :hmm:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

First couple of jobs today were ok, instaling a few new lines. Unfortunately the end users provider as done things a bit bottom about face. They've moved from one industrial estate to the back of what was an food production area. There isa nice system in place so they could have kept their original numbers and I could do the last bit as soon as they'd want everything switched over.

Instead..... too long to explain and you'll probably fall asleep. Ended upmaking a few calls to try and make sence of what bit the sp have matched to what, unfortunately only the sp can let the end user know how they've matched everything. >:(

Then I noticed it was snowing, only when it didn't ment in the van I discovered it was ash. Some buildings are being demolished so ther's a big fire nearby. While getting to this exchange felt like the snowman in the pixar short animation. :(

Just untangled the dsl test leads from the frame and the lines synced up. now lets have a play and and get my attenuators and see whats up with this service ;D

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:26:40 PM »

To give your money to,what else.  :hmm:

They got that a long time ago - what with uni, first car .... a long, long list.   :-X

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »

Careful with your attenuators Ezzer, playing with them can get you into a lot of trouble. :o)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »

Careful with your attenuators Ezzer, playing with them can get you into a lot of trouble. :o)

:)

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday:) 

I am planning to pop into town myself, but not film some new Pixar animations in my local exchange as Ezzer is  ;D

It isn't so cold here today, 1degree when I last looked - wasn't as cold last night as the cars hadn't frozen...

Hope everyone is feeling better after their sniffles/chest infections etc...
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »

Afternoon all,

Sounds as though everyone had a good new years eve and new years day.... I did too with family yesterday.

No frost here this morning either and bobby blackbird has been in the garden again....also robby robin and wally wagtail.... just savouring the times they are kind enough to show themselves and hoping for more times to come this year as I love my birds but don't get the variety so much now, well until the last couple of weeks.

Have a good weekend everyone, hope it's a good one before "normality" - whatever that is, starts up again  :)

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »

Well you can mark me up as having this flu bug, I thought I was quite fit and would fight it off , but a week later it's the first time I have even felt like switching on the computer, so got a bit of catching up to do.

We got invited to my wife's boss's (she a SRN in charge of a nursing home and my wife the administrator ) house for boxing day for a meal.
I had a very bad feeling when we went in the house to say it was a tip was an understatement ( it would make a good TV program for that Maggie who does the cleaning ) , you can tell how dirty it was, on the wall was four plates and some pictures, you could not see anything on them for the thickness of dirt on them
Then they told us they had the flu  >:D >:D >:D (you would think they would had the decency to postpone the meal to another day ).
We were told to help our self's to the food, even though he son had just been sneezing where the food was, then we sat down and her husband sneezed all over me and my food, I was brought up to use an handkerchief  >:(

I think you can tell how I was feeling by now, why did I agree to go along  :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »

I can nearly say good evening all   !!!   where has today gone ?  :'(      I had a quick look in this morning, then was interrupted and have remained interrupted all day ...... nice interruptions though ....lots of 'phone calls  to and from French friends (it's normal here to 'phone and not send cards ..  (I've done the same now with  friends elsewhere )  ...  then a few visits and visitors .... a trip for some food and a few choice bargain bottles of wine ....must keep the cellar stocked up  ;)  and phew !!  another day almost gone ....   we have a beautiful sunset at the moment, just going dusk and I'm ready to shut the shutters, thrown another log on the wood burner and perhaps a small   large port is called for  ;D

Have a good evening all ! :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

OMG that sounds horrendous  tickmike, bet you couldn't wait to get away.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »

I'm late today,been spending some time with my son,he's flying back to Hong Kong tomorrow.
I try not to get emotional,but it always overcomes me.
I am feeling really low at the moment,but I know he has his life to lead and will look forward to the next time he is over.He is my only child and he is so precious to me.
Have a good evening  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw Unc  ...  don't be sad ....  :(    here's a  :hug: to cheer you  :flower:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

Oh dear, umkyUb, I'm sorry that you are feeling downcast and understand the reasons perfectly.

You're not losing your son, he is only half a day away and I am sure that you are in his thoughts as much as he is in your's.

Keep thinking of the good times you have just enjoyed with him over the Festive season, he'll soon be back.

:flower:
Pages: [1] 2