Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Can't telnet to Belkin F5D7632-4  (Read 10079 times)

Zanoma

Can't telnet to Belkin F5D7632-4
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »

Hi folks
happy new year  ;D

As the topic says I can't telnet to my belkin (F5D7632-4) router and I have tried using axessh and still no luck

I think  have done it right I clicked on ssh2, window pops up user name and password put that in and still no luck

even tried ssh1.

any way am out of ideas and would like some help

cheers Alan. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Can't telnet to Belkin F5D7632-4
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:22:55 PM »

Just about all we know about getting information from Belkin routers is here. Perhaps you can get the info you need from the hidden pages?
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »

Belkin in their wisdom disabled telnet on some of their firmware versions for this particular router, if you have one of those,  then the only way is, if you can SSH into the shell using the info on the page link  that eric gave. :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Zanoma

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 04:57:53 PM »

cheers for the help guys

was wondring if you could change the snr on the router like you can with some of the other belkin routers using the cli 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »

I'm afraid I dont know off the top of my head... but iirc the commands were similar to some other broadcom based routers such as the USR/ Voyager 2xxx series.

But to do so, youd need to be able to access the CLI... which is where the problem is going to lay :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Zanoma

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 12:35:36 AM »

Well am still having no luck with using that program to ssh into my system :\ my snr is really low downstream it's on 4dB but jumps about alot through out the day.

Fast Path CRC Error near end  6 far  end 220  router bin on for 2 hours Is that normal ???
Statistics
Received Cells
Transmitted Cells

I have only noticed that my snr is droping after I done a firmware update about 5 days ago thinking that mite help with my ssh'ing into the router which was sort of a baw bag thing to do really as it now seems the my snr level is unstable more now than ever

I dont wanna buy a new router/modem if i dont have to. 

Maybe am doing something wrong with this program (Axessh) I donno
tried ssh 1 ssh 2 my router only has a password no user name so the bit were it says user name and password
I have tried put admin and admin for password and even tried it with out it's really starting to jar me aff
starting to hate belkin routers now :\

cheers Alan
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:38:58 AM by Zanoma »

Admacp

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »

I also have this router (ver. 8) and as it has a Broadcom chipset, DMT software works with it and has helped me control the SNR (managed to take it down from around 15 to around 6). The other thing that had me foxed for a while was that Telnet is switched off by default in Windows Vista and needs to be switched "on" again. A google search on how to do that will sort it.

anything