Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday 30th Chat  (Read 5172 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Tuesday 30th Chat
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »

Good Morning.

Hope you are all looking after your snuffles, wheezes and coughs in the prescribed manner.

Have just changed light bulb in living room for a 25w Pro-Lite Daylight Helix Compact Fluorescent  one (yes I did just copy that off the box). Made a booboob when I first bought it not realising ES meant Edison Screw, bought a thingy yesterday that converts BC to ES and fitted it this morning. Light is very white as expected and is showing all the cobwebs and dust up, I fear a busy day is in the offing.

Take care everyone.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Tuesday 30th Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:16:32 AM »

Morning all, a cold and frosty one here this morning.

Yorkie I'm trying to persuade Mrs Broadstairs that these lights are a good idea but she is not keen, main problem is that we have a lot of touch dimmer lamps and a couple of ones operated by photocell and so far I can't find any of these low energy bulbs which work with these type of lamps. She wants me to go out and stockpile a whole bunch of 'old fashioned' bulbs so she does not have to worry. I must admit its a pet peeve of mine that they simply seem to be ignoring the fact that there are loads of light fittings about in use which cannot use these bulbs.  >:(
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »

Good morning.  ;D

It's cold, cold and the cold has penetrated TD's old bones............will not be venturing too far from the fireside today ( nor for the next two weeks if the forecast is to be believed  :no: )

Keep wrapped up and keep taking the medicine and have a good day.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:27:11 AM »

Everyone,

Very cold here and going to remain so for quite sometime.I think there will be some big shocks when people get their next energy bills. :no:
Went to my GP's last night,he confirmed it was/is a chest infection.As I had already been taking anti biotics he has prescribed me a decongestant spray,so will see how that goes.
That trip to the doctors was my first outing in over a week.
Hope you guys are leaving me some bargains in the sales.  :D
Have a good day and wrap up warm. :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 08:31:04 AM »

Morning all,

Very cold and a hard frost here too this morning, not my cup of tea.... :( but then it is winter so I guess we have to accept these things...sob.  Hope all the poorly folk are feeling a little better today....hope the medicines are working.  Just hope we stay clear here but you never know with all that's flying about.  Hope the decongestant works for you Uncy....way to go perhaps?

Ooooh Yorkie, bad idea that light if it shows up cobwebs  :lol:  I keep in the dark so that I don't see ours and don't have to clean ha ha (if only).  

Have a good day everyone and keep warm and as well as you can.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »

@broadstairs  -  I had the same concerns as you re dimmer switches and changing to low energy bulbs.  I bought and tried a Megaman Dimmerable bulb (19 watts equiv to 90watts).  Although it was expensive (about £15) I was willing to give it a try.

The dimming worked perfectly  but I found it very noisy - it whistled all the time it was dimmed: I thought I was developing tinnitus!!  I sent it back and got a replacement but that was just the same.  The result was I gave up and had my switches changed and we bought new floor lamps and table lamps for lower level lighting in the evening.

I emailed Megaman to complain and customer sevices promised a reply "in a few days".  That was early November.  Anyway, we're delighted with the new lighting we bought (££££s!) and with all this energy saving it should have paid for itself by about 2048 if we keep the lights on summer as well as winter!!!  The lesson I have learned though is that light bulbs that advertise themselves as dimmable should be viewed with extreme caution.  ;)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »

I'm back, bet you didn't know I'd gone, well neither did I 'cos I forgot to log out.
Have just fitted new 1gb of memory, but have removed old memory just to make sure this works ok.  Don't if its related but mouse appears to be on steroids. Start up time seemed a little quicker, haven't pushed it yet with a game.

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 11:51:21 AM »

ALL  !   late, slow start here today  but now ramrod straight  ..... It's fairly cool here, no frost, BUT I'm listening to UK radio at the moment and the weather reports are making my bones cold just thinking about it  :o :o  wrap up all of you, and only go out if necessary  ....I don't think you'll need to rush out to the sales  ...they'll be continuing for quite I while I suspect !

take care  ..... :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »

A belated g'day from me. I'm sitting here all wrapped up, and sneezing so hard that I'm worrying about blowing the windows out. But you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm being a brave little soldier and not complaining (much :) )

I might take a brisk walk round the block to get the circulation moving, but I won't be out for long.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »

:D

Roseway recuperates....

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

Aww poor little mite.
I had this in mind.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »

Yorkie, that is much too healthy looking for someone with Man Flu.. :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »

I think you two are taking the pi mick. ;D
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 03:06:41 PM »

A short sharp shock does the trick usually Eric  ......

:lol: :lol:

get well soon   :flower:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »

:lol:
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2