Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wednesday 17 Dec chat  (Read 7828 times)

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
Re: Wednesday 17 Dec chat
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 08:25:47 AM »

I've been incredibly ill these past few days, and pretty much bed-ridden. Even moving from the bed to the couch to go on the PC is a hell of a lot of effort. I fainted at work on Tuesday evening, so got sent home, where I was wearing 4 layers of clothing underneath a duvet and quilt, yet still shivering. I then woke up around 4am as I was sweating buckets... I was so warm I was hallucinating. This is the first time I've ever done that and it scared me half to death. My boyfriend didn't even wake up despite my kicking and crying though! Men can sleep through anything....

Today I've been alternating between being so cold that I shiver so much it's painful, or sweating buckets. I've changed my clothes 5 times today, and had 2 baths.

On top of it all, I ache all over and have a terrible headache.

Popped out for 10 minutes though, to see my fake-brother (we refer to each other as brother and sister) as it was his 21st birthday. It was nice getting fresh air but I had a shivering fit as soon as I got home :(

Not a good few days for me.
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »

I'm not a doctor, but that sounds almost as bad as Man Flu !!!  ;)

You should probably go and see a doctor, but if you { are unable to / decide not to } I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery.
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 08:51:40 AM »

Doing that pub-crawl wearing nothing but a dressing gown and a Santa hat is the problem...... :lol:

Get well soon... :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 10:17:19 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAwww      That definitely sounds like flu   (the proper one not the man one  ;D )   keep warm, drink plenty ( not alcohol  ;D ) take care, and get well soon :flower:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »

Sorry to hear that, Sounds very nasty, definately lots of fluids, makes a supprising difference to your ability to recover. Although if it's fresh orange juice then dilute it a bit as the stuff neat can aggrivate a sore throat.

Seems lots of people are ill all round me at the moment. I know what you mean about fake brother/sister. I have a good friend here I regard like a sister, she's recovering from toncelitus at the moment, did a mercy drop of videos, vitamins, and cough mixture. Poor thing's been on a ice cream diet. She should be ok and back on the cider in no time (if it's rose then I'm only safe as long as she dosn't have a set of hair clippers to hand, too cold to be shawn this time of year)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »

Hi

Plenty of fluids . I also read in the last couple of days that HOT fruity drinks are as good as the over the counter remedies .
get well soon

Regards Jeff
zen user

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »

Now didn't I tell you to wear your thermals. ;D

Sounds really nasty that one, soup or toast is usually the most I can manage when I'm ill. Take it easy, don't push yourself to get back to work too soon 'cos even when you're up and about again a bad bout like that really knocks you six and can leave you feeling weak as a new born baby.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 12:40:51 AM »

Thank you everyone! I thought this morning I was feeling a little better, but as soon as the painkillers wore off I discovered otherwise. So instead, my two fake-bros (inc. the birthday boy), and my best friend came round to nmy flat to see me :) It cheered me up a lot )
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything