Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wednesday 17 Dec chat  (Read 7827 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Wednesday 17 Dec chat
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »

TD ignores the whole sordid matter................wanders off to find psychiatry book to read up on this odd sun fetish that is breaking out among the Kitizens.

:D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

Happy Birthday toulouse
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »

Happy Birthday  toulouse  - there was going to be a picture but I  forgot to copy the code and now I've closed the tab - doh.

Was going to do a top up order from Tesco, but some people are far too organised and have nicked all the delivery slots for Saturday and that just about sums up my day, exciting or what.

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »

Hey, thanks for all the birthday wishes guys and gals. I've just got back from meeting my brother for lunch at a local garden centre. I haven't seen him since July when we went to see Radiohead in Berlin, as he lives in Maidstone, and I moved here to Weston super Mare. He just happened to have an appointment (he's in the kitchen business) at a place called Axminster which is near Yeovil I think. Anyway it was nice to see him.

TTFN

P.S. today was my second Christmas lunch so far. SWMBO took me out yesterday for one, and todays is numero 2. I wonder how many I can get in between now and the big day - my figure !!!! I'm past caring about that
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »

>> lunch at a local garden centre

Do they raid the plant stock for the veg? ;D

Eric

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »

Don't know about that Eric, but it was mighty tasty.

Thinking about it (as I often do at my age...... ;-) ), I'm not too sure that the local garden centres even sell plants or vegetables. They seem to have been stocked with nothing more than Christmas decorations and so on, since around August. I could be wrong about this, but as I now live in a flat (i.e. no garden), and I have never particularly had green fingers or been interested in gardening - I probably wouldn't notice if they did have plants or vegetables.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:34:22 PM by toulouse »
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

Hey, thanks for all the birthday wishes guys and gals. I've just got back from meeting my brother for lunch at a local garden centre. I haven't seen him since July when we went to see Radiohead in Berlin, as he lives in Maidstone, and I moved here to Weston super Mare. He just happened to have an appointment (he's in the kitchen business) at a place called Axminster which is near Yeovil I think. Anyway it was nice to see him.

TTFN

P.S. today was my second Christmas lunch so far. SWMBO took me out yesterday for one, and todays is numero 2. I wonder how many I can get in between now and the big day - my figure !!!! I'm past caring about that

IMO,you can never have too many xmas lunches,yummo.
Glad you are having a good day. :)

My sons flights on time,he's be airbourne 45mins now,only another 12h.15m mins to go.  :o

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »

That's an ungodly hour to arrive in the UK, hope they don't get a blockage in the toilets, 12hrs is a long time to keep your legs crossed.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

Try not to wear the carpet out Unc :)

Thank you Yorkie for raising the tone of the discussion. :D

I'm not too sure that the local garden centres even sell plants or vegetables. They seem to have been stocked with nothing more than Christmas decorations and so on, since around August.

I know what you mean. Garden centres look more like general retail parks these days. But some of them do have fair-to-middling caffs as well. I've no doubt you enjoyed your stuffing (in both senses of the word).
  Eric

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »

Totally agree with you Uncy re the Xmas lunches. I think I managed around 6 or 7 last year, so I'm almost halfway there.

This year, I'm going to attempt to prepare Christmas lunch for myself and SWMBO, which if it all works out will be the first time I've ever done it. I can rustle up a pretty reasonable Sunday lunch - so let's wait and see.  We just want a nice quiet Christmas, as she only gets Christmas Day and Boxing Day off before she has to return to work.

Also for Uncy - I hope your son's visit goes well;  it's not difficult to see from some of your messages on the forums that you have REALLY been looking forward to seeing him again. I hope you have a wonderful Crimbo
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »

re Garden Centres - yes, we have two large ones locally. One is called Cadbury Garden & Leisure and the one which I went to today is called Sanders Garden World (this is part of the Wyevale Group if that means anything to anybody !!)

At the Cadbury centre they have a couple of 'concession' type outlets, i.e. Cotton Traders, Edinburgh Wool M...., and of course a large cafeteria which gets very busy at weekends and in particular on a Sunday because of the roast dinner which seems very popular indeed, and very reasonably priced.

Todays turkey lunch with a selection of vegetables (locally grown or otherwise) was a nice £6.99 per head. Most enjoyable.

FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »

I'm quite enjoying all this chat about huge Christmas dinners whilst I'm paddling around in freezing water and nibbling at a bit of tasty pondweed.  :'(

:D

scottiesmum

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »

I went to a very nice garden centre  whilst on holiday in Jersey in September and they had a very swish 'tea room' which did everything from a morning coffee ( and tea I expect !)  to a fully fledged lunch.  Spending quite a few hours there I lunched, and excellent it was too.  I was however horrified when reading the wine list   ... a bottle of Rosé d'Anjou which I buy for 2 Euros 40 centimes which equates (even at today's abysmal rate  :o ) to £2.23 was priced at £14.90  :o :o :o :o :swoon:    ....needless to say I didn't bother !!    The garden centre  (Ransoms)  was excellent however.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 06:02:40 PM »

That's an ungodly hour to arrive in the UK, hope they don't get a blockage in the toilets, 12hrs is a long time to keep your legs crossed.

He then has to wait for the connecting flight from Heathrow to Manchester,which leaves at 06.35 and arrives Manchester 07.35.The only way to fly direct to Manchester is a change over in the middle east,usually Dubai...........

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »

Not quite as early a start for you as I  thought, but still early enough, better get an early night and don't forget to set the alarm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything