Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Inside Swansea Telephone Exchange  (Read 3681 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Inside Swansea Telephone Exchange
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »

I came across this and thought kitz may be interested in having a look:-
http://flickr.com/photos/riceyo/sets/72157603271928916/

Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Re: Inside Swansea Telephone Exchange
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:20:11 PM »

Shame whoever it was didn't know how to focus their camera ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »

Thanks Jamie - interesting link :)

Jeeze look at all those BTw dslams/MSANs!  Cardiff is the first area in the UK to going 21CN, so theres bound to be tons of the Geostreams.
I went round a couple of exchanges - my own and a much larger one that was due to go WBC in Jul last year.  At the time of my visit there was still a lot of kit to go in and a lot of stuff still to be installed.

I was told I could go back when it was fully installed and live, but its one of those exchanges that got delayed and isnt now due until some point next year.

lol @ the diagram on the whiteboard - that must be standard talk because they also did one for me too.

I think I mentioned in another thread that at one point BT invited all the adsl-campaigners a visit round the BT tower in london, but unfortunately it was on a work day and none of  us responsible for the Blackpool area were able to attend.  I did later see some pics which one of the guys from down south took, but they seemed to show an awful lot of 'holding glasses of wine'   :lol:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »

Shame whoever it was didn't know how to focus their camera ;)

lol - if it was anything like when I went around - flash photography wasnt allowed, so it was a bit pot luck at times.  I also picked up a lot of reflections in glass panels on mine too :/  - ie the 'ghost hand' which is on my pic of the geostreams.   The engineer was actually trying to hold the glass panel out of the way in that one, but it still somehow reflected :(

His worst pic was the inspan handover frames which we had a job to photo because it was dark in that area in both exchanges.  My camera isn't the best its only a kodak easyshare.  Dunno how the flash managed to go off on the pic of my own inspan handover frame for Be though... wasnt anything to do with me. :hmm:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything